Potato Peelers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JohnnyC

Long ago TLCA# 2231
Threads
For the ones who are always peeling ... Post up what you use ... Do you like it ? (As much as one would like peeling I suppose)

I always feel like the private who keeps gettin KP duty... There's a better way?

Navy had cool potato tumblers that if you left them in too long they would be pebbles :)

image.jpg

Tried many and quit looking after I bought a Zyliss and its served me well for home and camp vegetable/potato peeling duties. That was about 10-years ago. I prefer the blade type that is set 90 degrees to my grip...YMMV.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0018IAH56/?tag=ihco-20

I have an oxo right now... Maybe it's just the nature of the thing... I get in the rhythm of speed peel and a piece gets caught ... Maybe need a new sharper one

I am digging the bucket and drill :)

I am hoping in a few years I can get the child labor to help :)

Hmmm...just checked mine: Its a Kuhn-Rikon not a Zyliss :rolleyes:

I only use the old style ones such as in the middle and far right in your photo. They seem to sharpen themselves with use - I've got one that is just about worn through, but it is as sharp as anything.

These are the ones I've been using thru the years... The one by itself is my favorate... However quite dull now... No idea brand... Got it at an estate sale... Best penny ever spent :)

:hillbilly::hillbilly: We just mash the peel with the taters and use our two good teeth :hillbilly::hillbilly:

^ I visited my parents recently and gave my mother one of the Kuhn's to see how it worked with her arthritis. She opened a drawer and pulled out a peeler like above - same one I remember from childhood. Says she has had the same one since the early 60's. I'm sure she'll keep using it and complaining about her hands rather than try the new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom