Another 77 FJ40 resto (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I can help you with the doors. I have a detailed order to do things and could walk you thru it over the phone too. Once you do one the other takes about an hour. Weather stripping took me the longest.

Iphone 004.JPG
Iphone 002.JPG
Iphone 033.JPG
Been a while, I got my rear emblems on, turn signals installed and refurbed my old Warn 8274 mounted to a great bumper from 4Plus.....

Last edited:
:cool:

Finished putting my winch together, not sure if I want to use my "W" sticker for the solenoid cover, pretty sure it didn't come with one stock. Also got a new fairlead for it.
Iphone 010.JPG
Iphone 011.JPG
Iphone 013.JPG
Iphone 014.JPG

Cleaned up my wiper motor, the mounting plate was a bit rough so I sanded it down to bare metal and sprayed it. Also cleaned up my wiper motor harness and rewrapped it. I know this stuff will be hidden behind the cover but I like to know it's clean back there;)
Iphone 021.JPG
Iphone 023.JPG
Iphone 024.JPG

Sorry to go into so much detail about the boring stuff, just my way to keep track of the project and I hope someone may need close up shots one day to put a basket case together.

SSCR,

Don't apologize for the details, every one of us love it. You're doing a great job. A lot of hard work and time.

Thanks guys, hopefully I will get the roll bar and back seats in this weekend and I'm going to install the hood by today.

Did you check to see if the wiper motor cover will rub on the hood with the windshield folded down? Mine does and I'm not sure why...

Did you check to see if the wiper motor cover will rub on the hood with the windshield folded down? Mine does and I'm not sure why...

There are two different types of windshield hinges, I believe. You probably have the older style, before the motor was mounted down there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom