stainless brake hoses (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Figured I would add a review of my Goodridge lines here and maybe we can get thread kicked up to the FAQ.
I installed the Goodridge G-Stop Lines part number 2-21127 in early 2009 on my 2000 LC. The kit has 2" longer lines for chassis to diff in rear and the fronts. The lines at rear calipers are standard length.
I was not happy with the routing caused by fitting at caliper, so sent fronts back to Goodridge and had them change fitting. Since they cut old fitting off, front line ended up being about an inch longer than stock. They did it for free, so was only out shipping to them. Not sure why it had this fitting as it does not makes sense, Slee earlier in this thread mentions that there are different hose configuration, so maybe on another year it works fine. Don't know if they have changed front lines since then.
Would recommend these lines as they improved pedal feel and are more rugged. Have had them on for over a year now.
First photo shows lines right out of the box. Second photo compares stock front line with Goodridge line. (The factory line fitting at the caliper has an indexing pin that goes into a hole in caliper, this keep banjo fitting from turning. Neither Goodridge line nor the modified line have this. Don't know how important it is.)
Last photo shows Goodridge front before and after modification. I had asked Goodridge to turn ferrule bracket (in middle of line) around when they changed fitting. But they forgot, so I moved it to other side of mount as shown.

Little update for everyone.

I have a brake job coming up soon and have been doing a lot of research. One of the areas that have been on my to-do list for a while is extended stainless brake lines. I decided to order the kit above through http://www.buybrakes.com/. I took a gamble and placed the order and figured I would do what Skidoo did and send them in to get the fittings adjusted if needed.

I placed my order yesterday and received a call today that they were not in stock. Turns out the extended lines are almost always made to order and not kept in stock. No big deal I am not in a hurry.

So while on the phone with the sales person, I mentioned having the fitting changed since they were being made to order and there had been some fitting issues with them in the past. Both the sales person at Buybrakes and at Goodridge have been more than willing to build them how I/we need. I forwarded them this thread with the pictures and a picture of the OEM fittings on my truck. Everything is being made as I need with no hassle.

So, if you are looking to do extended braided stainless lines, Goodridge is still making them. Just look under your rig first and verify the fitting at the caliper. If it is the same as mine and Skidoo as pictured here, might want to contact Goodridge and just have them make you a set from the start how you want. I also have had nothing but a great experience working with buybrakes.com and would order from them again based on this experience.

Hope this helps any one looking for a solution.

The stoptech kit only has the lines for the calipers. You have to have the chassis to rear axle hose made. I had mine made by Earl's in Lawndale, CA (on Hawthorne Blvd under the 405 fwy in LA). The rear stoptech hoses are just barely long enough.

Little update for everyone.

I have a brake job coming up soon and have been doing a lot of research. One of the areas that have been on my to-do list for a while is extended stainless brake lines. I decided to order the kit above through http://www.buybrakes.com/. I took a gamble and placed the order and figured I would do what Skidoo did and send them in to get the fittings adjusted if needed.

I placed my order yesterday and received a call today that they were not in stock. Turns out the extended lines are almost always made to order and not kept in stock. No big deal I am not in a hurry.

So while on the phone with the sales person, I mentioned having the fitting changed since they were being made to order and there had been some fitting issues with them in the past. Both the sales person at Buybrakes and at Goodridge have been more than willing to build them how I/we need. I forwarded them this thread with the pictures and a picture of the OEM fittings on my truck. Everything is being made as I need with no hassle.

So, if you are looking to do extended braided stainless lines, Goodridge is still making them. Just look under your rig first and verify the fitting at the caliper. If it is the same as mine and Skidoo as pictured here, might want to contact Goodridge and just have them make you a set from the start how you want. I also have had nothing but a great experience working with buybrakes.com and would order from them again based on this experience.

Hope this helps any one looking for a solution.

So Mxn, did you get the "chassis to rear axle hose" made above per Jim's post? Or just the hoses to the four corners?

I have the StopTech ones on the four corners and would like to get the chassis to rear axle one to complete the job.

LMK - thanks.

So Mxn, did you get the "chassis to rear axle hose" made above per Jim's post? Or just the hoses to the four corners?

I have the StopTech ones on the four corners and would like to get the chassis to rear axle one to complete the job.

LMK - thanks.

I have not received the kit yet. But, based on previous post...that the goodridge kit I ordered includes it. The stoptech doesn't. I will report back in a couple weeks when it arrives.

I have not received the kit yet. But, based on previous post...that the goodridge kit I ordered includes it. The stoptech doesn't. I will report back in a couple weeks when it arrives.

Did you ever get these and get them installed?

I ordered and installed the set from good ridge about a year ago and am very happy with them. The kit has 5 lines. 4 for the calipers and one for the rear axle
I had to use different line clips (front I think) but picked up at auto supply store for under 5 bucks so no big deal and the lines are fitted nice. They are 2 " longer than stock which is good for my mild lift.

The best part is the noticeable difference when breaking hard in the middle of summer. Previously the brakes felt spongy when it was really hot out, I sum this up to the old lines being soft and expanding
. There is no expanding with these new lines.

I also upgraded to slotted performance rotors and pads and replaced the calipers.

Overall I am very happy and they weren't expensive,

Good to hear. I'm doing this to my rig today.

If that kit includes all 5 lines as shown in one picture then that's good to know. This is on my list and I'd like to be able to just order them rather than have to contact somebody at Goodridge to make sure they get them right.

Maybe I missed it, but thought I'd post up this option...

http://duiser.com/shop/stainless-brake-lines/100-series-2000-2007-stainless-brake-lines-4-inches/

Saw these a while back on Jonsey's (now Duisers). Anyone know if they Aretha's just StopTechs?

Cool to see the option for +4", given questions by others.

I bought their kit for non vsc and they were not as advertised.
The back lines needed adapters (I never did put them on) and the front lines would not fit the frame brackets correctly.
I had to modify the bracket by welding a spacer on and drilling the correct hole through it. Then the retaining clip would hold line line correctly. The only line that was a direct replacement was the axle to body line.

Unfortunately for me they would not take back the brake lines. I still have the rear axle ones with adapters if anyone is interested.

Slee has the sets for sale on their web site.

I personally find them superfluous. Porsche 911s, even their Motorsport bred gt3s come with rubber lines. If it makes you feel better by all means.

I personally find them superfluous. Porsche 911s, even their Motorsport bred gt3s come with rubber lines. If it makes you feel better by all means.
With a car like that, superior brakes and all... you aren't going to notice an addition of stainless steel lines.

With a car like that, superior brakes and all... you aren't going to notice an addition of stainless steel lines.

When you track them, you will notice a number of shortcomings. Rubber lines are the last thing people swap out.

Our kits are made for us and are the exact same as Goodridge; parts, fittings, clips etc. A complete stock replacement. However, I would say that our lines themselves are more heavy duty, with an extra layer of abrasion protection.

We initially sourced them thru Goodridge but their production is extremely unreliable and never in stock.

With and without VSC is available; http://duiser.com/shop/stainless-brake-lines/

:cheers:

Maybe I missed it, but thought I'd post up this option...

http://duiser.com/shop/stainless-brake-lines/100-series-2000-2007-stainless-brake-lines-4-inches/

Saw these a while back on Jonsey's (now Duisers). Anyone know if they are just StopTechs?

Cool to see the option for +4", given questions by others.

So it's been a while since anyone talks about fitment issue with Goodridge line. I also have the fitment issue line, and I start seeing issue after I switch my shocks from OME to TJM gold. With the TJM gold (a little bit more travel), the connector to my front caliper do make contact to the suspension arm when my steering is fully turn + suspension fully extended. I contacted Goodridge, and the answer I got was we don't deal direct. I have to take the case/order with their retailer. But they did told me I can order just the front line, but the lady on the phone can't give me their front line P/N. So, I am back to square one. I have couple of questions:
1. Did Goodridge resolve their fitment issue?
2. If yes, what would be the P/N for only the front lines?
3. Which retailer should I order if I have to order from their retailer only.

Thanks,
Steve

I'm reviving this thread in interest of the post before me. My parents' 100 desperately needs new lines but if the Goodridge aren't going to fit properly I need another source, and fast.

I had mine done at a Parker store. If you have one close to you, just take your old line there and tell them you want one 2-3 inches longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom