What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (22 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Full knuckle sandwich from trailgear with stud and wiper upgrade, rebuilt front calipers, rebuilt hubs, and replaced some brake hoses. Oh and charged the a/c.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sanded, compounded, polished.... Finally getting some shine into it! Also bought the rear seatbelt plastic trim covers from a wrecker as mine were missing - $10..

image.jpg

Sanded, compounded, polished.... Finally getting some shine into it! Also bought the rear seatbelt plastic trim covers from a wrecker as mine were missing - $10..
I've been slowly compounding mine over the last couple of weeks, slowly getting the glue etc off after 25 years of decals.

Now that you've finished yours, I'll see you nice and early on Saturday to help with mine :p

Spudman, it is only about 3000k's between your place and mine - I would love to chuck a swag and barra rod in the 60 and head up that way! I would happily compound / polish yours just to be able to use it as an excuse to head up there! s***ty winter weather down here, and worse still I have to go back to work tomorrow..... The possibility of getting done by coppers for driving an unlicensed car is also pretty good between my place and yours!!! My 100TD would fly up there - but not in the same retro style.....

Spudman, with about 3000k's between us sat morn would be about right!! Just need to chuck the swags in, a barra rod and lures, and I'm there - but then the holidays finish tomorrow for me.... Would love an excuse to get up there though.....

Fitted my sports seat to the passenger side, came up nice, drivers side tomorrow hopefully

Took it camping, scratched (light) the new paint. Drove up Webster Pass with my daughter, as well as my brother and his son. Got admiring comments from a Jeep owner who was surprised that it had the original engine and transmission (with 245K miles). Note nearly perfect Columbine - Colo. state flower.

DSCN4008.JPG

DSCN3972.JPG

DSCN3982.JPG

DSCN4006.JPG

Did a routine oil change this weekend and grabbed a sample to send into Blackstone Labs just for ishts and giggles.
When I was at the LAPS I grabbed my normal gallon bottle of Rotella T 15w40 but for some reason decided to look at the bottle. To my amazement it actually was the wrong bottle, it was 10w30 instead?! When the hell did that happen?

That carbon trail across your rotor must have given you an extra 20 horsepower by firing each spark plug 2x as often! A performance breakthrough, undoubtedly.

@woytovich , how much did you pay Mr. C to put that in for you? :lol:

You forgot the part about the dizzy dumping burnt crap into the air filter housing!

You forgot the part about the dizzy dumping burnt crap into the air filter housing!

Details details... don't want to bore everyone with the details of my bad behavior...

SPEAKING of bad stuff... how was your front wheel drive drive home?

Started this little project on Last Saturday night (July 19th) after dinner. Pulled out the carpet and cleaned the floor. Was able to get all of the floor pan done for the front seats.
image.jpg

On Sunday morning at 2 in the morning called it quits.

image.jpg

Monday before work was able to get he back seats done. I current have a 11 liner feet of sound proof roll left. Does any know if doing the doors is worth it and/or how many liner feet it takes???

Thought about doing this along with the firewall. Has anyone done this to the inside roof?

Finished the body lift today, actually handles better now than before. Tight body mounts and all. Just over an inch higher but quite noticable. Easy job just labour intensive for 12 bolts. Had to chop the bottom of fan shroud but all good

Details details... don't want to bore everyone with the details of my bad behavior...

SPEAKING of bad stuff... how was your front wheel drive drive home?

Had the yoke overnighted, then put a new joint in my spare driveshaft and drove home, in rear wheel drive, without incident. It was slow, but we made it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom