"Coal Mine Cruiser Classic 2024 and beyond" (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Comfort in gives a discount for Raush Creek

Last edited:
i swear if it is hot like it was last time i would get a room!
ironically enough, my room at Hampton had a broken AC stuck on full blast cold and I woke up early morning to about 64 degrees…🥶

I always thought the low key events were the best. Less stress for all involved. Get back to basics of Off Roading! Good friends having a good time wheeling and camping. We don’t do enough of it.

I always thought the low key events were the best. Less stress for all involved. Get back to basics of Off Roading! Good friends having a good time wheeling and camping. We don’t do enough of it.

That's why relic run and fall crawl are so enjoyable... Low key and relaxing. Sure there are certain things that have a time schedule but it's laid back and all

Matt and I are in T03 in the traditional CLCC area.

I’m just going to park in T03 and steel there AC for my A/C!

The truck bed camping life!

See post #12 where @shmukster shows 7/11-13 as the dates for the replacement CMCC. I have T03 for 7/10-14.

See post #12 where @shmukster shows 7/11-13 as the dates for the replacement CMCC. I have T03 for 7/10-14.
I was under the impression there were two trips... two weekends in a row. The 18th-21st was the original dates, still on. Yet @shmukster and another group was going the weekend before.

I snagged a cabin for 18th-21st. Di I need to adjust that reservation?

I'm only aware of the Keystone/Polish brothers extravaganza on the 11th-13th.

Edit - I checked Gary's post (#12) again and some of the Gotham crew will be there the following weekend. I find Gary and the Polish contingent to be more fun to wheel/party with.

Last edited:
, not to mention that the TLCA insurance cost tripled on us and they demanded a cut of the profits (screw that), I would have had to double the cost of the event for the attendees.
Say what?.....??? is a part of the proceeds normal or is that something new?

I'm only aware of the Keystone/Polish brothers extravaganza on the 11th-13th.

Edit - I checked Gary's post (#12) again and some of the Gotham crew will be there the following weekend. I find Gary and the Polish contingent to be more fun to wheel/party with.
Cool...I agree that I had fun with guys from the PA crew myself...I just booked T06 which may have been the last cabin available for 7/11-7/14.

@Boomstick you'll need to cancel your date for the following weekend if you want to hang with our group...that said, the Gotham crew is great too and you'll make some new friends then too if you keep what you have. Last year, I stayed up at the Hampton Inn about 5 miles up the road and came in to hang at the campsites in the evening...not a bad option if you want to change to the 11th-14th and can't get on the campground and want a cabin at this point (I think all cabins are booked for that weekend now, but some prime campsites are still open).

One note....I haven't checked with my calendar keeper (aka better half) about that weekend, so I may cancel if it doesn't work for me. If I need to cancel, I'll post here first and give you guys a chance to stand in waiting for when I release my reservation if it comes to that.

Last edited:
Say what?.....??? is a part of the proceeds normal or is that something new?
The TLCA has always wanted a cut of the proceeds and we have always refused. Before last years CMCC I was on the phone with a TLCA rep (can't remember who, but he was a dick) after getting the new price (x3) for the insurance rider. We had an interesting discussion on how he put the needs of the TLCA before the needs of the charity that we have chosen. Apparently families with kids with cancer are not much of a concern.
This was the last thing we needed to cement the end of CMCC.

The TLCA has always wanted a cut of the proceeds and we have always refused. Before last years CMCC I was on the phone with a TLCA rep (can't remember who, but he was a dick) after getting the new price (x3) for the insurance rider. We had an interesting discussion on how he put the needs of the TLCA before the needs of the charity that we have chosen. Apparently families with kids with cancer are not much of a concern.
This was the last thing we needed to cement the end of CMCC.
Why would TLCA get a cut? I would imagine that any protection & indemnity policy that protects them and the participating associated club might be acquired elsewhere, not through TLCA at a better premium. At one point our group had an agent of USAA as a member - maybe there are other insurance agents amongst us. As I understand it, a rider would be a tack-on to whatever coverage TLCA has.

Also, as a thought, HOG has every rider sign a waiver prior participating in group rides. Maybe that would work without the hassle of the TLCA insurance. Just food for thought, fwiw.

Last edited:
Why would TLCA get a cut? I would imagine that any protection & indemnity policy that protects them and the participating associated club might be acquired elsewhere, not through TLCA at a better premium. At one point our group had an agent of USAA as a member - maybe there are other insurance agents amongst us. As I understand it, a rider would be a tack-on to whatever coverage TLCA has.

Also, as a thought, HOG has every rider sign a waiver prior participating in group rides. Maybe that would work without the hassle of the TLCA insurance. Just food for thought, fwiw.
Any TLCA sanctioned event is obligated to give the TLCA a cut of the profits. I forgot what the percentage is. We just never paid them. THey came after us a few times, but I just ignored it or made up some excuse.
This is beyond what they charge for event insurance. Quite frankly, after doing this for close to 25 years, I can't think of anything the TLCA has brought to the table as far as our event goes (they did give us banners for a few years), other than saying it's a "sanctioned" event.
It wasn't so bad in years past because the insurance ryder was palatable at a much lower cost. However it tripled in the last 2 years.

We have always had waivers at all our events, from Dave's Place to CMCC. The insurance was added after the event started to grow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom