What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (41 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What year 40 did you order these for. When I put in my year('77) it comes up with a different part number. Just don't wanna order the wrong thing.
Thanks
I ended up with these, work pretty well on an early 2F block with a big cap dizzy. Might fit better with a small cap...

20230924_115535.jpg

20230924_123811.jpg

Oil change with 20w40 (and ZDDP), then adjusted the steering box to take out some play (seems like the final adjustment that was needed to tighten her up). Play is now ~1.5 or so - big difference. Then contemplated just how much has changed on these rigs in 40 years

IMG_6837.jpeg

What year 40 did you order these for. When I put in my year('77) it comes up with a different part number. Just don't wanna order the wrong thing.
Thanks
I am using them for a 1975 and a 1984 using a Holley sniper on the 75 and stock carb on the 84….from the photos @Pighead shows, the only difference I see is the spark plug boots are at a 45 degree angle on mine

Last edited:
Oil change with 20w40 (and ZDDP), then adjusted the steering box to take out some play (seems like the final adjustment that was needed to tighten her up). Play is now ~1.5 or so - big difference. Then contemplated just how much has changed on these rigs in 40 years

View attachment 3578764
Good chance your center arm also needs some attention if 1.5" is the play after adjustment.

Good chance your center arm also needs some attention if 1.5" is the play after adjustment.
I can absolutely agree that the center arm will make a bigger difference. The problem I have is breaking assembly apart on the hub. Took more strength than I had so it took a very secure vice, a 1/4 can of penetrating oil and an extension on my breaker bar to rebuild it

Rebuilt the center arm recently. Might try tightening it a bit. Candidly, could tighten the steering box a bit more, just worried about doing too much and increasing wear.

Your girlfriend knows how to pick a birthday present!
oh yeah she does. She kept asking what to get for this build. (she buys a part for all of my builds so she can point to her friends and gloat)
agreed on the winch, then she calls me and says "after researching I'm buying you the synthetic rope version because you are too flaky to remember to oil the cable" :D

I didn’t realize you need to oil the cable….thank you to your girlfriend

The garage door guy told me to oil the torsion roller spring on.my overhead garage doors too.

Installed my winch that my girlfriend got me for my birthday, it was frustrating because the previous owner installed the power steering box a bit higher than he should’ve. But I think it turned out really nice.

View attachment 3581311
Gotta be careful telling your girlfriend you want a winch for your Birthday!

In all seriousness though, good on you! She sounds like a keeper.

Installed my winch that my girlfriend got me for my birthday, it was frustrating because the previous owner installed the power steering box a bit higher than he should’ve. But I think it turned out really nice.

View attachment 3581311
I like those tires. What are they and what size?

Picked up my windshield from the glass shop and started putting parts back on the frame. I’m missing a bolt for one of the brackets for the knob somehow. I scrounged up a temporarily permanent replacement. I also have maybe 6-7 wiper arm assemblies with probably no two alike 🤣🤦🏼‍♂️

IMG_0179.jpeg

IMG_0177.jpeg

IMG_0178.jpeg

Picked up the hardtop roof from the individual I bought it at the beginning of the year and took it to my dad’s to store it. On the way to my dad’s I stopped to get quotes for fiberglass repair. One shop was going to email me an estimate ( which hasn’t happened yet) and the other said $2200 which is I believe really over priced.

IMG_1884.jpeg

IMG_1883.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom