What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (46 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mid 60's here in Michigan, so took it for a spin around the lake.

IMG_5576.jpg
IMG_5577.jpg

My wife's a photographer, for everyday grab and go her choice is an old Fuji Finepix
Thats awesome! its a weird transitional time for photography where lots of digitals are getting to that Vintage age and many of them are fantastic. My favorite camera of all time is a nikon f2sb film camera though.

My wife's a photographer, for everyday grab and go her choice is an old Fuji Finepix
Since I’m shooting professionally, I need the latest and greatest. If I want/need an old school look on digital, I adapt Mamiya RZ lenses that give it an ethereal feel OOC.

Thats awesome! its a weird transitional time for photography where lots of digitals are getting to that Vintage age and many of them are fantastic. My favorite camera of all time is a nikon f2sb film camera though.
My favorite 35mm is my old FE2.

Mrs. Kings' first camera was a Kodak instamatic (with flash cubes 😄 ) when she was 12. When she started getting into good film cameras in her teens and twenties along with her love of nature photography she did some commercial shoots plus wedding photography as a paying gig. Early on she used a lot of Minolta equipment and and then various others. Now it's mainly a hobby for her in retirement. We do a lot of wilderness hiking and she has captured some some good pictures of wildlife.

I ordered from Toyota Parts Overstock last week and shipping was $15, so $31 total for my order.
If you have not seen this, @Ruben C is a Mud member with the Capo Valley Toyota Parts Department.
Check out their online store at parts.capovalleytoyota.com Be sure to use promo code MUD1 for an additional discount.
I recently had an opportunity to order some parts from Ruben and he did a phenomenal job of not only sourcing the parts but also in shipping them to me by overnight delivery. :)

I’ve seen all sorts of combinations of solid and blinking. Should I assume this is correct? Solid side marker and white with blinking yellow?
That's probably standard in the US, but I'm not aware of any other country that uses Amber side markers, so anywhere else would be both Amber lights flashing together.
Feel free to correct me..

Mrs. Kings' first camera was a Kodak instamatic (with flash cubes 😄 ) when she was 12. When she started getting into good film cameras in her teens and twenties along with her love of nature photography she did some commercial shoots plus wedding photography as a paying gig. Early on she used a lot of Minolta equipment and and then various others. Now it's mainly a hobby for her in retirement. We do a lot of wilderness hiking and she has captured some some good pictures of wildlife.
I am having fun with my Polaroid sx-70 and oneshot. 1975 and 77 respectively.

5EE4A4EE-F967-4D53-80ED-269BF2218439.jpeg

Restored an 89620-60010 semi transistorized igniter. Took this all the way down and rebuilt completely. It’s amazing how well these were made and how repairable they are.

IMG_1897.jpeg

IMG_1898.jpeg

IMG_1902.jpeg

IMG_1931.jpeg

Also, since waiting for my parts from @ToyotaMatt, I grew a beard and had to drive this over the winter…it’s not a bad daily driver. In fact, before there were Landcruisers, this is what we would be riding into town and tying up next to horses.

Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 5.24.14 PM.jpeg

Restored an 89620-60010 semi transistorized igniter. Took this all the way down and rebuilt completely. It’s amazing how well these were made and how repairable they are.

View attachment 3574090
View attachment 3574076
View attachment 3574077
View attachment 3574078

Also, since waiting for my parts from @ToyotaMatt, I grew a beard and had to drive this over the winter…it’s not a bad daily driver. In fact, before there were Landcruisers, this is what we would be riding into town and tying up next to horses.

View attachment 3574088
Nice work on that rebuild!

Drove it today... driving it again tomorrow. It's getting to the point where I'm mostly non-nonchalant about it. Like, yeah, I'm driving an FJ40 like it's no big deal, how you doin? :) When I drive my '07 Ram 2500 SLT quad cab 4x4 with G56 Mercedes Benz 6-spd and 5.9 Cummins in Patriot Blue Metallic, even though it is a highly sought-after Unicorn, I still feel completely invisible! LOL I'm vehicle blessed!
*Edit: and every time I drive it, I see either a LandCruiser or a tricked out overlanding FourRunner, go figure. I want to wave, then realize they would have no idea why this Dodge guy is waving.

Last edited:
WHYD to your Cruiser this week?
Not what I've done, but what Gary and crew at @Mudrak has done.
I got my '74 in the queue about 20 months ago, but it was worth the wait.
I went to his shop in Napa this morning for a test ride and a meet up. He's almost done with the work I asked for, sniper, 2" lift, gaskets, a bunch of other stuff, rides really nice, it already had power steering and disc brakes, but he cleaned up all the plumbing, I'm very happy, can't wait to get it home.

20240305_101700.jpg

20240305_101729.jpg

20240305_101734.jpg

20240305_102159.jpg

20230531_091545.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom