Builds "Sage" My 65-FJ45 finally makes it home! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I searched but maybe I missed it? Is there a thread documenting the truck's condition when it looked like this . . . ?
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Old Red, no I did not have a thread on the build. I just posted a few photos at the request of a few friends. Just wanted to share.

Here is one the day I brought it home.

Mark

I didn't see in this thread, but what is the paint code for Sage? I love that color!

Hey, Hey I thought we were 45 friends.....

It's Toyota T-303 Fashion Green..

Just me trying to be funny, keep me post on your paint and progress.

Hi Ben, the Blisteins are great. The ride and the rebound seem to be perfect. The bed liner is "Raptor bed liner". It's a really nice liner and not too thick like a lot of the other bed liners out there. I am very happy with both products.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Mark

Hi Ben, the Blisteins are great. The ride and the rebound seem to be perfect. The bed liner is "Raptor bed liner". It's a really nice liner and not too thick like a lot of the other bed liners out there. I am very happy with both products.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Mark
Thanks Mark. I reckon I will go with the Raptor and the Bilsteins seem to have an enviable reputation. Cheers, Ben

Same problem with the early doors and my knee, so I put some foam on the crank..now no bashing my knee cap

45 looks GREAT

What's the mod needed to run latter doors?

View attachment 1269427 Rustic76, your welcome anytime.

I kept and painted the original doors because I'm a little bit of purist myself. With the 75 doors I like the look with the OEM panels and the window crank handle on the old doors always rub my knee. It was just in a bad place for me personally. Oh and at the time, there was no replacement "Bug Catcher" rubber which I needed badly. I can always interchange them. The tywrap is only temporary until I find an OEM lock. I know, wishful thinking. I do have a friend that has one though.

If your using 65 fj40 or earlier doors on the 45, they don't fit the same, there will be a gap between the window frame and the front door post.

Hey cppilot,

Did you do the final assembly? I ask because my windscreen frame doesn't come back as far as it should, meaning there's a gap between the leading edge of the door and the windscreen frame. Because of this the above-door panel is tilted on an angle instead of parallel to the door top, and the rear of the door frame rubs on the rear windscreen panel.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Thanks John,

I did use the 75 doors in place of my original 65 doors. Yes there may be a larger space between the window frame and the door frame. I think it's not an issue. There is good amount of adjustment in the door hinges that helps minimize this. Here are a few photos of my 66 with original doors and the 65 with the 75 doors for a comparison.

I got the plates from Dom, I think he had them made or Made them himself. (Fantastic job) Dom. I used an original set of strikers form a later model and removed the U shaped post, drilled and welded them to the home made striker plates. Here is a photo of the finished and unfinished plates.

Regards,
Mark

Mark,

I can't stop referencing this thread and pictures of your rig. It's so beautiful and perfect... What material did you use for top step portion of the running boards?

First of all, Thank You. It was an exciting project filled with excitement and joy.

The material is a very close replica of the original. It's a product from Canalrubber.com in New York. I think you need to buy a yard of it, but I think it's under $50 if I remember.

There is a thread by someone else here on Mud talking about it.

I hope that helps.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom