Builds My 1978 Nut and Bolt Frame Off Restoration (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Getting organized.

(Shackles below will be sold as I'm going with new OME)
image-jpeg.1319171

image-jpeg.1319172

image-jpeg.1319173

image-jpeg.1319174

image-jpeg.1319175

Get this out of here!! :)

image (1).jpeg

Haha.

Good eye.

ALL bolts that were removed were blasted and plated (even the ugly non-OE ones!!!)

Rebuilt parking brake.

image-jpeg.1319178

Hand brake assembly is fully assembled.

image-jpeg.1319309

image-jpeg.1319308

Beautiful work! Makes me homesick, you are entering the best part of the build. My motivation went through the roof when I got to the reassembly stage. Especially when you have all new fasteners.

I admire you for throwing all the nuts and bolts into tubs. I had everything bagged and labeled. I took pictures of each bag with the contents, and put them back into the bags when they came back from plating. It was a family event on the coffee table. It reminded me of doing family jigsaw puzzles as a kid, except way cooler! Keep posting, great work.

Beautiful work! Makes me homesick, you are entering the best part of the build. My motivation went through the roof when I got to the reassembly stage. Especially when you have all new fasteners.

I admire you for throwing all the nuts and bolts into tubs. I had everything bagged and labeled. I took pictures of each bag with the contents, and put them back into the bags when they came back from plating. It was a family event on the coffee table. It reminded me of doing family jigsaw puzzles as a kid, except way cooler! Keep posting, great work.

Thank you. Yes, the assembly is MUCH MUCH better than taking apart. I'm sure I'll get stumped soon and need help figuring out where something is supposed to go.

i may have missed it but where did you get you body panels from? they look great and like they fit well with out too much reshaping. your doing a very nice job of this restoration.

Thanks @franklin40 .

Rear quarters are from CCOT. Rear sill is from eBay.

Where did you find this puppy?

Ah ha. Was waiting for someone to ask me. :)

I bought late model tail light assemblies from @beno . One of the tai lights came with this connector, which is not compatible with my 1978's harness, so I had to retrofit my old connector. I used the new OE connector in the pic above.

Pedal assembly is finished. All powdercoated with cadmium hardware.

image-jpeg.1319380

image-jpeg.1319383

Steering linkage finished. Powdercoated, cad plated hardware, new tie rod ends.

image-jpeg.1319384

More steering linkage goodness:

image-jpeg.1319392

image-jpeg.1319393

I'll clear coat the TREs before assembly.

Charcoal canister bracket:

image-jpeg.1319495

More powdercoated and cadmium goodness

image-jpeg.1319511

Headlight housings assembled

image-jpeg.1319609

Lower radiator shroud and access panel powdercoated with cad hardware.

image-jpeg.1319610

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom