What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (66 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Once you program it, it stays on the same settings and the controller remembers(no battery needed for that). You can set them in 10% increments.

Google Skene IQ-275

Okay cool, so the settings you program are stored. But let's say the lights are currently on at 50% and you turn them off. When you turn them on again are they still at 50% or do you have to cycle through the dim levels to get back to 50%?

Installed the refinished sliders . About 18 months ago I primed them and painted with Rustoleum spray-on bedlinen and the results were awful, so about 10 days ago I took them off, stripped them down to bare metal and started over. Three coats of self-etching primer and four top coats of paint later (then cured for a week), I think the finish will be more robust now.

082716_sliders_refinished.jpg

Why not just powder coat?

It says for '01 and up. No dice for my '99? It looks like it would, but I can't imagine they would cut out potential customers on a whim...
Using it on my '00, AFAIK the cup holders are the same for all years.

Mike did awesome work on this bumper, I love the tube style he made for me, simple and easy install and top notch quality!! Now to find some lights for it, recommendations?

When Mike built my roof rack he actually built tabs on the front of the rack for a 50" light bar across the front. Mike sells Engo LED's so I just bought the bar from him and it was delivered with everything. They are very good quality and way less expensive compared to the Rigid stuff. If he welded tabs for you maybe I would call him and ask if you can buy the lights he used to mock everything up.

No. The factory amp was gone when I bought the truck, and a 15-year-old Pioneer is powering them. I did reuse the wiring from in the box to under the PS seat. That part is plug'n'play, and the change from 3-ohm to 4-ohm is negligible. I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't work with the factory amp, and I'd do it if I still had one.

Thanks. I wonder if I could use one of those to upgrade the LX/Nak setup w/ single subwoofer...

Okay cool, so the settings you program are stored. But let's say the lights are currently on at 50% and you turn them off. When you turn them on again are they still at 50% or do you have to cycle through the dim levels to get back to 50%?

Rez-

The lights will stay on the preset brightness you program into the controller, this becomes your default setting(s), operated by the interior switch you have them wired to.

In my case I used an on-off-on switch and programmed switch position 1 at 30% power, position 3 at 100% power and the center position -0% (off). You can program them from 10% to 100% in 10% increments.

FYI I spoke with BD about getting them to offer a more wallet friendly version of the S2 (lower lumen output). It's already in the works. This will probably cut the current cost in half.

If you get the smart dimmer Jerry is very responsive and helpful. Or PM me-( but he is way smarter)

Just did this.... Guess I was very close...
Thanks to the forum I got it done early!

160926_0002.jpg

160926_0003.jpg

Why not just powder coat?
Easier to touch up rattle can. No powered coat in the world can withstand the weight of the truck scraping over something like a rock.

Easier to touch up rattle can. No powered coat in the world can withstand the weight of the truck scraping over something like a rock.

YUUUP! ^^

Powder is a decent choice for a DD.. If powder chips its done and the correct way to repair powder is to re-powder it. Most say that you can paint over it, but paint won't hold for long. Two different animals.

IMO, paint is the only option for a cruiser.

J

We were doing a geocache trip close to town when this happened.

20160926_151858.jpg

Was bored last night, so decided to take some pictures...lol

Can you tell me what you did on your rims/tires for the 100 series (size, type, etc)? I like what you did. Also, did you have to use spacers?

Can you tell me what you did on your rims/tires for the 100 series (size, type, etc)? I like what you did. Also, did you have to use spacers?

Thank you...The wheels are 18" Mickey Thompson Deegan 38 Pro 2 wrapped with 275/70/18 Toyo Open Country AT II (rubs a little on sharp turns).....No spacers

Last edited:
Broke the rear spoiler Sunday from a branch getting hung up.

Looks like the plastic cuts into the clear coat. Need some clear coat on a few spots.

Used the Allen screws from the spoiler to plug the holes. Looks better and shaved 10 minutes off the 1/4 mile.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Rez-

The lights will stay on the preset brightness you program into the controller, this becomes your default setting(s), operated by the interior switch you have them wired to.

In my case I used an on-off-on switch and programmed switch position 1 at 30% power, position 3 at 100% power and the center position -0% (off). You can program them from 10% to 100% in 10% increments.

FYI I spoke with BD about getting them to offer a more wallet friendly version of the S2 (lower lumen output). It's already in the works. This will probably cut the current cost in half.

If you get the smart dimmer Jerry is very responsive and helpful. Or PM me-( but he is way smarter)

Thanks for all the info! For some reason I thought you had momentary rocker... thinking the controller worked like an led flashlight switch. But the way you have it set up is exactly how I would do it. It's an excellent idea!

Pulled my windshield cowl off, stripped, and repainted it. Went to the store shortly afterwards and noticed something was wrong... I forgot to put the wiper arms back on. :doh:

IMG_20160927_134639038_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160927_141137903.jpg

IMG_20160927_141142763_HDR.jpg

What product did you use for this? It looks nice!

Thanks! All the details are on Page 413 of this thread. I used paint from Automotivetouchup.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom