What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (39 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Since I already had the headliner off to put sound deadner, I went ahead and wired in for ds, ps, and rear rack lights.

20160828_143127.jpg

20160828_170022.jpg

20160828_170157.jpg

Last edited:
Oh and here is the inside with sound deadening material, driving the truck in/out of the garage I can already tell its making a noticeable difference on how quiet the inside is even with all the panels off.

20160828_132300.jpg

Oh and here is the inside with sound deadening material, driving the truck in/out of the garage I can already tell its making a noticeable difference on how quiet the inside is even with all the panels off.

View attachment 1313323

I'm sure you know what you're doing, but it looks like a nightmare with all the panels off.

I'm sure you know what you're doing, but it looks like a nightmare with all the panels off.

I am terrified of that image. hahaaha :crybaby:

Reactions: LEX

20160828_132300-jpg.1313323

The headliner was next on my list. Everywhere else has already been done.

How easy was it to remove the headliner and how long did it take you?

I'm sure I could figure it out, just wondering what you think and if it's worth the hassle.

Thanks @savirc.

No doubt looks like the inside of the international space station, but with no protection against razor sharp metal ends, I have everything well organized I think it will go back together :)

The headliner was next on my list. Everywhere else has already been done.

How easy was it to remove the headliner and how long did it take you?

I'm sure I could figure it out, just wondering what you think and if it's worth the hassle.

Thanks @savirc.

Once the rear panels are off its not really that much more I guess (estimate 1.5 hour being careful). From memory, three (rear/middle/front) overhead lamps (front/back), visors, front/rear seat belts, rear A/C control panel, all door "oh shi" handles and front and middle seat upper trim. Since I was there I also made a wire harness for future use, from tailgate all the way to front passenger pillar, include CB radio wire, 2nd Camera A/V wire, and set of power/misc and switches. The deadening on the roof made a big difference, I could tell because shortly after I was working on the rack lights and putting tools on the roof sounded way different.... Like I was putting a tool over a towel on the roof, no more "ting" sound.

Removed some junk. Got the approval from the wife and being she's awesome, she loves it. Why did I wait so long?

20160829_133938.jpg

Before (as if you don't know):

20160610_190516.jpg

And the after...

20160829_181811.jpg

20160829_141152.jpg
20160829_141200.jpg

I went from this:

Cup Holder 1.jpg

To this:

20160827_164553.jpg

Now I just need the butterfly piece!!!

Cool! How much was it? Did you have to send them your wheel first or did they just send a new one? Thanks!

I think it was around $200, I sent in my wheel and walked to work for a couple of weeks. (The cheap puller set from Harbor freight easily removed the wheel).
Gil

Put the bajarack brackets on. Found a perfect spot/bolt for the floodlights. I have to comment on the bajarack brackets..... holly smokes these are stout overly built big time. Pic don't do justice.

20160828_191556.jpg

20160828_191613.jpg

@CatskillsRunner Where did you get that ladder? Is that part of the rack or an OEM part from overseas?

View attachment 1312031 I've been packing it all day to head down to OBX. I'll have to drive alone since my husband just got pounded with work and will join us later this week.

The bear in the foreground saw me pack his food for the week and now he is constantly underfoot. Thinks I'll forget him.

Installed Ironman Foam Cell Pros and extended (80 series) rear sway bar links. No off-road use yet, but if the usual commuting bumps/cracks and 15 manhole covers within a half mile are any indication, I'm pretty happy with the ride over the OME NitroChargers I removed after 2.5yrs. No more annoying enough jarring over bumps and my ARB fridge rattles way, way less over small bumps - even barely loaded on 864 springs. I thought a lot of my worries were from the stiffer sidewall of the Cooper STT Pros I recently put on, but no, all better. Did I mention I was happy?

IMG_3411.JPG

IMG_3412.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom