What is this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well I repaired it this morning and I'm pretty satisfied that it will hold. I used a reducing vacuum connector and put the large end over the piece of broken nipple (after trimming it to the proper length) and then plastic welded the two parts together. I verified with a drill bit by hand that the plastic weld wasn't blocking the passage.

If anyone wants pics or further details just shout.

Thanks for everyone's help.

This part is still available. I just replaced mine last week on my 88' 4runner. $25 from Momentum Toyota in Oklahoma.

I certainly do. Part #88690-22470

That's not the part number for this VSV (in fact that isn't showing as a VSV when I look it up). The part number is 89570-35220 and it's discontinued and unavailable according to three different Toyota dealers (two are Mud sponsors).

That is the part I bought for my a/c idle up according to the local dealer. YRMV. But it allows my a/c to function properly. Couldn't be happier.

The new

The old

I believe the part # on the VSV is the Denso part # not the Toyota part #. The box has part #Part #88690-22470

Hey that's great and I'm sure it would work fine but the connector is different. I'm not sure when the part number changed but that's a different part than the OEM for my 85. Again, a little cutting and splicing and maybe it would work. Of course that would be easier if it had a pigtail before the connector.

Thanks for the pics.

That is the VSV for the fuel pressure regulator, not the AC idle up VSV.
Raising this back to the top. It did prove helpful, but the pics are missing. I recently damaged my AC VSV doing something reckless and stupid. The part number of 88690-22470 does indeed appear to the AC VSV. The factory part, as the picture shows, has a pigtail on it. The -22470 part has a connector that the harness plugs directly into. The connector is correct, but the harness connector on the truck was too short. Fortunately, that OEM connector is commonly used on radios, and I have a bunch. I will just make a short pigtail to connect between my harness and the VSV.
AC VSV (5).JPG

Last edited:
Isn't it possible to get away without the VSV if you manually bumped your idle up? I'm asking because I don't have one of those but my idle is bumped up to help smooth the idle out with my new cam.

Sure, but it would need to be in the 1100rpm range. For less than $25 bucks this was a cheap and easy fix.

If it weren't for my cam I would reccemend bumping up the idle that high. But when hot I'm at 1k and 1500 when cold right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom