Builds Project Fauxverlander 200 Series Land Cruiser Build Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not sure where you are located, but part of me is wishing for something more heavy duty. I'd love to sell my ARB!

Thanks. If I do change my mind It will be for a new one from Slee.

You have me rethinking my decision to wait for the Slee bumper. I don't plan on running any harder trails than you mentioned in the 200. Dang, 1st world problems deciding how to spend money on your truck :D

It's worth taking a peak at one in person. Give Christo a call and have him let you know the next time he has one in the shop, it might sway you to see one in person.

Tangent from my build but for those of you looking for a 200 rear bumper but not interested/wanting tire carrier or jerry can holders, the ARB standalone bumper is pretty clean. We installed a front Sahara (no chrome hoop) and standalone rear bar on a 2013 last week, (along with the OME suspension). I must say I dig the "stealthy" look of the lower profile bumpers. It's getting SLEE sliders and some electrical upgrades in the coming weeks too.

greg_front_bump_5 (Small).jpg

greg_rear_bump_2 (Small).jpg

That rear bumper has my interest. Very clean. Was the install as challenging as the one on your rig?

That rear bumper has my interest. Very clean. Was the install as challenging as the one on your rig?

Nope, those are far easier. The carriers represent a fair bit of work and the lack of lights means far less install labor.

Is the 7 pin harness still usable? How about the 2" trailer receiver? I like the setup but I'm concerned I would lose the ability to attach my trailer with the weight distributing hitch

Love the stealth look!

Is the 7 pin harness still usable? How about the 2" trailer receiver? I like the setup but I'm concerned I would lose the ability to attach my trailer with the weight distributing hitch

Yes, both ARB applications remained the 7-pin and 2" receiver, no change there.

The standalone ARB has another nice benefit; no having to swing the tire to load groceries! My :princess: always hated the swing-away on my old FJ62.

Happy wife, happy life!

^^^Same thing goes at our house!

The standalone ARB has another nice benefit; no having to swing the tire to load groceries! My :princess: always hated the swing-away on my old FJ62.

Happy wife, happy life!

For sure, the standalone a nice look and protection without the carrier open/close effort. For a DD/family hauler, I can see the want for simplicity, for this build I wanted the tire out from underneath. I'm still investigating an aux tank in it's place.

I moved the Aux fuel tank discussions as it went on for 20 posts and likely will continue. It really wasn't about Kurt's great build. It can be found here

you should start your own thread. This is a build thread for someones truck

Next stop? Skid plates

Accessory install time has become quite rare for me here in the shop the last few weeks. As such a project that should take a couple of hours (such as these skids) in fact took 4 days, 10 minutes here, 20 minutes there... I swear I spent more time remembering where I left off :D

I did spent a bit of time with a rattle can cleaning up some factory welds and light corrosion, nothing out of the ordinary but I wanted to address it before I started covering things back up with the clean aluminum skids.

I'm very impressed with the fit and finish and I'm confident they'll offer the protection I'm after. I run the Slee skid system on my 100 Series and they have taken a beating and still clean up nicely. Had they offered them for the 200 I would have given them a really hard look. With the 200, ARB has a fantastic option for a full kit, front, mid (oil pan), trans and even a beefy t-case skid, far better than the tin/plastic covers it started with.

Before, during and after:

skid_2.JPG

The factory setup

skid_1.JPG

Gone with the factory stuff

skid_3.JPG

ARB installed

skid_4.JPG

ARB installed

Next up, sliders and side rails. When? Who knows :D

Just a quick question on the Arb rear simple bumper, can it retrofit the swing carrier at a later date?
Thinking of going this route, then if there is a Aux tank on the market, then getting the carrier so I can get the tank.

Just a quick question on the Arb rear simple bumper, can it retrofit the swing carrier at a later date?
Thinking of going this route, then if there is a Aux tank on the market, then getting the carrier so I can get the tank.

They sell two different base bumpers. One that can handle carriers...and one that can't.
You can buy the the bumper with blank panels left and right that are replaced later by a tire or jerry can carrier...but it has to be the version made to swap them in. This works because its designed to accommodate left only, right only, or both sides with tire or jerry can attachments. Definitely a different base bumper part number though.

Thanks a lot

Kurt,
For your 100 did you go with steel skids?
I'm trying to figure out what I should get for my 100.
Thank you in advance.
Love the build so far!!

The SLEE Kit on my 100 has a steel belly plate and aluminum forward of that. They have been well used and have held up great. I did have to modify them a bit for the ARB steps/rails, pics of that should be in the 100 build thread.

They sell two different base bumpers. One that can handle carriers...and one that can't.
You can buy the the bumper with blank panels left and right that are replaced later by a tire or jerry can carrier...but it has to be the version made to swap them in. This works because its designed to accommodate left only, right only, or both sides with tire or jerry can attachments. Definitely a different base bumper part number though.

x2

ARB uses similar bumper designs for the 80, 100 and 200 which utilize a double shear carrier that has an adjustable pivot to make sure things align correctly. On the 80 & 100 it requires removable of a cumbersome corner urethane trim piece to do anything to the carriers, basically a set it and forget it. The 200 however is a bit easier to work with as you just have to remove the reflector trim. So it is theoretically possible to have the cover panels on and switch back to carriers. However it's my opinion it would be more work than it's worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom