Update - If you installed seat rail extensions, you are (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Easy. lose the doors and head to Texas Jambo.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1430765245_979934.jpg

Interesting thread and timely. I was planning to order replacement gears from CruiserDan tomorrow morning. I probably still will because I don't have the seat extensions but I was expecting a rather easy installment based on a friend's comments. Sounds like my expectations were BS.

might want to look into gamiviti's gears Gamiviti - purportedly made out of a stronger poly than stock

LOL my post got deleted, versus them just editing out one word

throw em out, my best decision to date with my cruiser was throw the garbage out and replace em with corbeaus baja xrs seats with seat rails, gained leg room and head height!

FYI - Dan does not sell the gears. He does sell the non-motor side triangular gear component. You can only get the individual gears from Gamiviti. I am going to order several more of them and revisit the entire project when it's nice, warm and sunny outside. Take the seat apart as necessary and replace the gears. No problem. OK - so maybe I am over optimistic. LOL

FYI - Dan does not sell the gears. He does sell the non-motor side triangular gear component. You can only get the individual gears from Gamiviti. I am going to order several more of them and revisit the entire project when it's nice, warm and sunny outside. Take the seat apart as necessary and replace the gears. No problem. OK - so maybe I am over optimistic. LOL

I'm having problems with both my front seats also. Won't move forward or back. Interested to hear how your solution works out.

I've had problems with the little gears being DOA too, I think it all depends on how you have the threads lined up on either side/ making sure the seat is actually straight on the threaded rods. If it's crooked I think that loads the gears and they fail. For the record, Gamiviti was helpful when I told him I ruined a brand new gear. I now have another one waiting to be installed on the PS.

Re the angry rant: sometimes you just need to let it out man. It's better to spew it out here than to go kicking and punching in the garage.

Not to hijack but I would love to see a manual 60/40 bench seat that looks bone stock. I might go looking at old T100 seats or something. That front middle seat would be great for a little kid or a dog.

Sorry Rick, missed this one. Yes - over dramatic. Seems to be the story of my life with women, jobs and trucks. LOL

That's why I quit it all - well except for my kids and dogs. I'm happy now shopping, cooking and cleaning. Well - trucks, guitars, amps, guns and such still have a fond place in my life.

Take care all. Old man with two young kids. Wish me luck.

got your seat gears in yet ?

f**ked when you need to replace seat gears. No wonder no one replied to my original post. It's basically impossible.

First of all, it can't be done properly without total disassembly of the seat rails, including removing the extensions and all related hardware down to bare bones.

It may have been done before, but by someone with more patience than I have. Three hours the first try. Five hours the second try. Four hours today. This is a seriously screwed up arrangement. Three cracked Gamiviti gears and no luck. I heard every one of those little bastards crack the minute I hit the motor control on the seat for fore and aft. That means backwards and forward adjustment.

Whoever the guy in GA was that said he had some spare seat parts please contact me. I'm pulling the seat extension stuff and going back to stock. I don't drive the damn thing anymore anyway. I just work on it; over and over and over and over again.

Yes I am an 80 Hater right now. If I were on set of the Hateful Eight I would demolish the MF thing with about 50 rounds of APIT with gas cans and propane tanks added for good measure.

Time to drink cold beverages.
Ever consider manual?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom