Spring/Summer Lakes Basin Cruiser Trip :NorCal: (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A little?

There's nothing on the Rubicon that is even close to that visually intimidating, especially seeing Doug crossing the top switchback above the sheer rock face. I wish I had my SLR for those pictures.

You see @Booger weldz , I'm not the only one intimidated by Snake Lake Hill :flipoff2:

Are you on the app? I used a PC, lets you load 20 pics per post

Haha yeah I deserve that one :flipoff2: But in my defense, I was exactly where I said I'd be a long time ago!

I'm on pc, it's probably because they're 8x10 that's alright ill just keep postin 5 at a time, I was just hoping to post them all in one post

Ill have more posted tonight after work

...via IH8MUD app

MK - are you linking them to photobucket?

@jcardona1 - have you gone up it?

I has a GREAT time guys!!! I was a little sceptical to do Snake lake loop uphill. Looking up from the bottom it was a little intimidating.... But as soon as Devil's Slide Doug said he would run up, I said I would follow. Then two more rigs jumped on the bandwagon if we made it up to the top. (Seeing two nicely built Yota's at the bottom that tried and failed. One with carnal damage,.......well that just made it more intimidating.

I was worried about body damage, but only came out with lots of big gouges on my right side slider! It did it's job well!

And where did those big gouges come from you ask??? Well from crawling my right side up that big as boulder @jcardona1 left for me.:flipoff2:

Yeah, it was definitely intimidating starring up at the snake hill. And the body damage that occurred on my truck just goes to show I need to keep my cool when things get dicey! Having no "operational" lockers really irritated me on that hill. And seeing a truck that literally was built with the same front end with a sheared steering arm at the bottom of the hill didn't sit well in my stomach. Especially since I'm running heavy 37s.

I appreciate the guidance and spotting from @Devil's Slide Doug and @Finnyfam60. Also, Thanks for hauling my tippy rig up that hill!

No, down only. Although I think I'd feel safer going up that hill. With all that weight and high gearing the 80 just has a tendency to just wanna fly off ledges and dropoffs

now wheres all the pics of @SIZZLE turtled on the rocks? haha

Pics like this?

sizzle1.JPG

Sorry SIZZLE, here's a good poser shot to make up for it:

sizzle2.JPG

Thanks to everyone for a "memorable" weekend! (I'll remember not to do that trail again!)

Last edited:
Its the first shot that makes me look like a poser! :)

Do you guys just want all of them linked or posted here on ih8mud? I have a total of 1323 photos, a lot of them are me just holding the shutter down hoping for one good shot in the bunch so a lot of them are junk

Do you guys just want all of them linked or posted here on ih8mud? I have a total of 1323 photos, a lot of them are me just holding the shutter down hoping for one good shot in the bunch so a lot of them are junk

No way rookie. If you're going to take that many, you have to find the good ones. I usually spend an average of 10 minutes of post production on anything I post. Kill the junk and put up a photobucket link with the best couple hundred. :flipoff2:

landcrshr said:
I'll remember not to do that trail again!

Rubithon in '15! I'm sure some hundys have been through there.

Sounds like I missed a good one...

Spending the summer criss-crossing the state getting two kids to college at opposite ends.

:bang:

No way rookie. If you're going to take that many, you have to find the good ones. I usually spend an average of 10 minutes of post production on anything I post. Kill the junk and put up a photobucket link with the best couple hundred. :flipoff2:

Rubithon in '15! I'm sure some hundys have been through there.

May be true, but not for mine!

Here's a pic of the group that went with me up to the fire lookout atop the buttes. We parked right in front of the last gate and walked up the last few switchbacks, it was awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing @vipergrhd's photos.

_DLV5900.jpg

DLV_5896.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom