JDM 200 series Premium Horn install and sound comparison (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Akella

SILVER Star
Threads
This is my first write up on anything, so take it easy on me and it won’t be anything hard core like how to rebuild 1fz-fe from top to the bottom or H151F swap.:flipoff2:

One thing I really hated in my 80 since the day one is the horn:eek:. It sounds almost the same as my dad’s commuter, 02 Corolla:mad:.

So I went on a long search trying to find the sound of a horn I like. I obviously wanted something louder and more manly sound, BUT i didn’t want anything crazy like 98 SNAKE EATER did:zilla:. I won’t try to wake up the whole Manhattan in the morning or scare the life off from an old lady when she forgets to check blind spot. I was considering going with air horn set up, but most of them are either a little jokes or semi truck horns or train horns. I didn’t like the tone of any of them:whoops:. After that I checked couple aftermarket 12v options and didn’t like the sound either.

Then I came across on EBay of optional Premium Horn for Japanese Landcruiser 200 series. I did some reading and found this video:

08522-60010 PREMIUM HORN is very popular update in Europe and now I understand why. This is not regular 200 series horn and it cannot be updated from your local stealership.

You need to be only 0.0001:banana: to install this horn as it is plug and play. So lets the pictures and video talk for themselves:

DSC03104.jpg

DSC03127.jpg

DSC03129.jpg

The same connectors as the stock horn
DSC03131.jpg

DSC03110.jpg

DSC03135.jpg

Not the direct fit, but when you tight the bolts they stay secure and there is enough space behind the grill.
DSC03139.jpg

DSC03138.jpg

And here is the comparison:eek::eek::eek:

:hmm:

If interested price form me for a set:
USA $90 Shipped
Canada $80+GST/HST +shipping
(PM me your postal code for final price)

Last edited:
The stock horn is quite girly but all joking aside, I just don't think it is loud enough to afford much safety if you need to get another vehicle's attention quickly. I replaced mine with some cheapo FIAMM highway blasters that have worked out well.

Then I came across on EBay of optional Premium Horn for Japanese Landcruiser 200 series. I did some reading and found this video:

EXCELLENT...Same sentiments. Good research (that I get to benefit from!).

I never heard Excursion's horn, i would say i only have seen Excursion twice in canada. Anyways it will be awesome to hear it.

Last edited:
$130!

Looks like they want $130 now.

I never heard Excursion's horn, i would say i only have seen Excursion twice in canada. Anyways it will be awesome to hear it.

I paid $65 for this set of new oem premium horns.

Yes, they want $130 now, plus $39 shipping to the US. $170 for nice JDM horns. Maybe Mot can get them.

These horns do sound "better." Thanks for posting.

I like the comment in post #1 about the OEM US horns sounding the same as an 02 Corolla....they probably ARE the same.

Sorry Akella, I did not see until just now that you were also a source. I did not mean to step on your toes.

I will PM you.

Sorry Akella, I did not see until just now that you were also a source. I did not mean to step on your toes.

I will PM you.

NP man:cool: I can get them for $90 shipped.

Another group buy? Sign me up!

lol...you guys are really keeping me busy:hillbilly:...

Pm me if you want to get on the waiting list as they are on back order right now and they go out of stock with the speed of light.:whoops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom