PIG + Chebby Avalanche Trim =? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LC_Hamma

The Anti-Leafer
Threads
I was thinking of how to trim out my swine to a more *modern style trim as I build her up. The back transom area would be load bearing so I could tie my inner cage to it, thus it'd be made out of 1/4" wall top & sides. Now the bottom would have a removeable plate for lights/ speakers, etc. kinda like one you'd see on a large boat cruiser, but those are fiberglass. The bottom doors & rocker areas would have a *rugged look, not just a simple bolt on plate, & reinforced from below to the frame. Oh well, just rambling here........ Tell me what y'all think:
fj551.jpg

Stop It! Stop It Right Now!
putdowncrack_pipe.jpg

In certain circumstances there is a need for abortion. Abort it before it grows.

While your at it paint your 40 pink and put some lace on it. Just look at my pig cut the way you have picture but with no chevy anything and this is before I painted or put in my cage and rear quarter protection and it definitely looks rugged. Take whatever that plastic crap off the chevy would cost and buy a locker.

Last edited:
clemson55 said:
While your at it paint your 40 pink and put some lace on it. Just look at my pig cut the way you have picture but with no chevy anything and this is before I painted or put in my cage and rear quarter protection and it definitely looks rugged. Take whatever that plastic crap off the chevy would cost and buy a locker.

Now that one is cool :cheers: If I had a Pig that didnt have a good body, I would be cutting. Hell I would to my 60 if my wife would let me ;)

I forgot to say I just picked up this pic off Ebay & edited a little. So I guess y'all don't think the old lines of the Pig can be blended with a more refined look then. Oh well, it was just an idea.

Take whatever that plastic crap off the chevy would cost and buy a locker.

Where did I say anything about plastic pieces? It'd be made from steel for sure!

Before I fire up my crackpipe & plasma here's what it looks like now:
DSC00330.JPG

Last edited:
LC_Hamma said:
I was thinking <snip>........ Tell me what y'all think:

Well. I, for one, do not realy care for the modern look of current SUVs. I prefer the olden look. Square, boxy, utilitarian. If it's not needed, cut it off. Form follows function, as the FK often states. The flat fender jeeps, early broncos/blazers, Willeys, Scouts. The 25s and 45s. Our illustrious predecessor, the 45LV. All had the "look", but without trying to have the "look". It's like being cool without trying to be cool. They had the 'Look' only because that's what they "were".
Fortunately, as Pigowners, we happen to have one of the few remaining examples of this early Hybrid. A vehicle that can travel on the street and on an extremely difficult trail. One of the finest off-road capable rigs that is (usually) street-legal.
That is the look that those automotive doofuses are trying to foist on the automotive public by gluing fender flares with fake attachment hardware molded in to ordinary SUVs (there's nothing "sporty" about a Pig. Or a Sherman tank). Usually accompanied by big decals-"4X4, "OFFROAD" etc...
Dude; a Pig, just being a Pig, already says offroad. Everybody who's anybody knows it's a 4x4. No need to gussy it up. The more you make your Pig trail ready, the more it looks trail ready. Can't help it. Add a little lift, some bigger meat, lose the shiny wheels, trim some fender, add a dent, don't ever wash the outside of it and you've got a killer lookin' rig. A rig that looks like it can go anywhere because it can go anywhere. A rig that routinely turns heads.
Is that what you're lookin' for, Bucko? It's almost easy, all you gotta do is be true to the design, the intent, the spirit of the Pig. Everything will take care of itself.
Ask me how I know.

In my opinion, the chevy avalanche looks as nice as the pontiac aztec. Definatley outside the box, but maybe you can mod it with something a little nicer. Hell, I'd bet the rear fins of an old studebaker silverhawk would give it that "fresh from the crackhouse" feeling.

Interested to see how that piggy turns out. Always cool to see one get put back together and observe the finished product.

LC_Hamma said:
Where did I say anything about plastic pieces? It'd be made from steel for sure!:

You didn't say anything about plastic, however you did say trim from a chevy avalance and you have it pictured and it is most definitely made of some cheap molded plastic. If you could fabricate trim out of reasonably thinck steel that looked exactly like the avy trim then you would be the best fabricator I have ever met for sure. Looking at your pic that body is WAY to clean to be chopping up anyway. If the body on my pig had been even 1/2 that good it would still be fully intact.

LC_Hamma said:
Before I fire up my crackpipe & plasma here's what it looks like now:

If you want one with the top cut like that I would be willing to trade you mine for your truck.

Restorify that piggy and make it useful to you! You won't regret it and it will live in the glory of its utilitarian design again as it serves you with reliability and keen offroad ability :) that "look" spoken of is timeless and is the essence of swine!

Now this is what I call a Pig ROAST! The guy posts an innocent idea and gets slammed relentlessly!! I say, it's your rig, do whatever the f**k you want to it (but don't expect it to go over well on this board!). I've seen and heard of cheesier shiz, like....nah, I'd better not say.

It's your pig...and I'm always open for outside of the box thinking...but my worthless opinion is that thats POO...lol...here's a few photo chops from my topless piggie ideas...Just to give you some better ideas.

Quad Cab
piggyquadcab.jpg

Single Cab or early 70 series (that ougha piss them 70 owners off!!!)
piggysinglecab.jpg

Single Cab Topless
piggytopless.jpg

usmcruiser said:
Ben that last one is kid of scarry. Reminds me too much of a Scout. :eek:

Commando! :bounce2:

(damn, no pics with the top off...)

To me, it's like "remodeling" the kitchen of a home built in the teens, with can lights, formica, and s***ty Home Depot cabinets. It just doesn't "fit", and you'll spend years undoing the damage. The Pig already has a "rugged look", it can use extra armor, maybe, but the "look" is already there, from way back when a "utility" vehicle was actually used for utility, and "looks" was a secindary concern.

as for the slamming, he asked us what we thought. We're telling him what we think. And yes, it's his rig, he can do what he wants.
Jeep poseur.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom