Instrument Clusters - will '70 cluster work in a '74? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PabloCruise

SILVER Star
Threads
that speedo will have a screw in cable, your 74 will likely be a clip on. also, that gauge cluster with the amp gauge is pre 7/'70 style before the ammeter went away until 9/'75

Pighead picked up a few gauge clusters at the Stockton swap meet recently. Will check and see if there's a '74ish looking speedo in the box...

That would be sweet - does the odometer work? That is what I am trying to fix with mine...

I believe it does work, PM your address and I'll mail it, that is if I find it tonight>

Lou

It's not that big of a deal to disassemble, clean and reassemble the odometer. Takes about 30 minutes - or so I've been told. There's a post somewhere on how to do it IIRC

Hmm, not finding it by searching title in the Pig section - I will go check the 40 section...

Do you remember anything about the thread that will help me search?

Speedo

Here's the speedo, the only thing is this may be for a later year. Before I decided to do the Ram Jet and H55 I was going to put in a 4 speed trans. Does the 4speed or H55 required a different speedo? I bring this up because we ordered the H55 from Seth PVCruisers, there's a part number and his name on this speedo. If this will work let me know and I'll ship it out tomorrow.

Lou
speedo.jpg
IMG_1440.jpg
IMG_1441.jpg

I am not sure, can anyone speak to this? Does this speedo look like it will work with a '74 Pig cable?

Lou, if you ordered it for a '74, I would think it would work for mine, unless you told him you were going to swap to a different speedo cable...

What is the build date on your '74? I have a Jan '74 Pig.

I think Seth sent this with a new speedo cable, IPOR ordered everything and that was a few years ago.
Marshall can probably figure it out maybe he'll chime in. I'd have to check the build date. I can call Lance at IPOR
in the morning if someone doesn't figure it out tonight.

Lou

that speedo will have a screw in cable, your 74 will likely be a clip on. also, that gauge cluster with the amp gauge is pre 7/'70 style before the ammeter went away until 9/'75

Here's the speedo, the only thing is this may be for a later year. Before I decided to do the Ram Jet and H55 I was going to put in a 4 speed trans. Does the 4speed or H55 required a different speedo? I bring this up because we ordered the H55 from Seth PVCruisers, there's a part number and his name on this speedo. If this will work let me know and I'll ship it out tomorrow.

Lou

So it looks different than the one that Orange posted up...

Lets hope Marshall weighs in!

The threaded speedo cable/speedometer fitting was used on the earlier rigs to my knowledge(up to 9/72?) The speedometer housing that Lou has is obviously a clip fit which will coincide with your 74 pig's cable. Why not pull your instrument cluster or reach up behind to determine what type of connection is used?;)

Here's a comparison for you - two early threaded verses the clip attachment
PA280001.jpg

You are welcome, fellas!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom