Hanna Quality Interior Cargo Carriers ! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The wait is finally over and the UPS guy dropped off my interior cargo carriers the other day! Before i get into things, let me explain why exactly did i want these vs. a drawer system ? In my mind's eye, i figure i get almost the same amount of storage WITHOUT loosing any "floor space" which is critical for me. My cruiser is used for camping, exploring, and our "going to the cabin" vehicle and most of the time my German Shepherd is along for the ride. The drawers i figured were very heavy, very expensive and would raise the floor up too high and thus allow my pooch to fly over the back seat every time i came to a stop. (Yes i know this can still occur in an emergency stop situation).

Anyhow, this rack system appeared to be perfect for me as it used only wasted space over the wheel wells, allowed me to store almost everything i needed while also giving me something to secure my new fridge to. In a nutshell the racks attach to the existing 3rd row seat brackets along with bolting to the cargo floor to the existing holes for the 3rd row seats. Enough talk...On to the photos:

Both sides installed:

Driver side:

Passenger side (I also found the rack to be a great place to secure my first aid kit):

I also think they will be good to secure my fridge to. There is a very stout, 1/4 steel plate that bolts to the floor board, So...I am thinking i can run a ratchet strap underneath it and use it to secure the fridge to the truck. Unfortunately this brilliant idea came AFTER :doh: i bolted everything in and i will try my idea out tomorrow:

All in all i am VERY happy with them and they were more than worth the wait. I also found these Mountainsmith bags that fit great. They hold recovery gear, tools and what not and are easy to get in and out depending on the trip. For folks like me that a drawer system really does not work for them or if you just want to make use of otherwise wasted space, you might want to give Mr. Hanna a ring.

Looks very cool!!!

I was going to pick up a set on my out on my trip tomorrow but I just couldnt get my act together to get everything done. Oh well. I guess I can order them when I get back.

Very cool though!

Nice storage idea!

Where do you get the power for the fridge? You could still add drawers and get even more storage if you decide to do so. Then you could put your dog on top of lower drawers and still have the seat backs keep his pet-taxi in place. Let me know how you get your power for the fridge and how well your fridge stabilization idea works out,
Geologic
97 LX450 stock
still thinking!

Those look great and very functional! Can you tell us how much you paid for the racks?

Last edited:
Where do you get the power for the fridge? You could still add drawers and get even more storage if you decide to do so. Then you could put your dog on top of lower drawers and still have the seat backs keep his pet-taxi in place. Let me know how you get your power for the fridge and how well your fridge stabilization idea works out,
Geologic
97 LX450 stock
still thinking!

I ran power to the back directly from the battery. It was temporary as i wanted to wait for the racks to be installed and see where i can place the new 12v outlets. Now that they are in, i think i am going to place them under the vent openings which are right under the factory sub location.

Can you snap a picture of how they mount to the 3rd row seat bar?

Can you snap a picture of how they mount to the 3rd row seat bar?

In a nutshell, they mount much like the seat does to the bar. The mounting platform has 3/4 circle like "tabs" that slide into the hollow circles on the existing bar:

attachment.php

(Hanna's photo)
https://forum.ih8mud.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=315570&stc=1&d=1239818489

Then there is a large 1/4 inch steel plate that bolts to the floor.
attachment.php

(Hanna's photo)

Trust me, these are not wiggling or going anywhere! To remove it is just the 2 bolts in the floor, slide the rack forward (just like the 3rd row seats) and off it comes.

socal_80,
you will see the slotted holes in the vertical of the L- bracket. These are ratchet strap hook points so you can tie down your fridge using these along with the 3rd row points on the floor.

the slotted holes in the braces are also useful tie down points. basically you are adding a ton of tie down points with these holders as well as useful cargo carriers.

also, hold down the water can with a ratchet strap (hook holes in the top rear edge). The bungee will not hold that jerrycan in case of any serious incident.

tie-down

The wait is finally over and the UPS guy dropped off my interior cargo carriers the other day! Before i get into things, let me explain why exactly did i want these vs. a drawer system ? In my mind's eye, i figure i get almost the same amount of storage WITHOUT loosing any "floor space" which is critical for me. My cruiser is used for camping, exploring, and our "going to the cabin" vehicle and most of the time my German Shepherd is along for the ride. The drawers i figured were very heavy, very expensive and would raise the floor up too high and thus allow my pooch to fly over the back seat every time i came to a stop. (Yes i know this can still occur in an emergency stop situation).

Anyhow, this rack system appeared to be perfect for me as it used only wasted space over the wheel wells, allowed me to store almost everything i needed while also giving me something to secure my new fridge to. In a nutshell the racks attach to the existing 3rd row seat brackets along with bolting to the cargo floor to the existing holes for the 3rd row seats. Enough talk...On to the photos:

Both sides installed:

Driver side:

Passenger side (I also found the rack to be a great place to secure my first aid kit):

I also think they will be good to secure my fridge to. There is a very stout, 1/4 steel plate that bolts to the floor board, So...I am thinking i can run a ratchet strap underneath it and use it to secure the fridge to the truck. Unfortunately this brilliant idea came AFTER :doh: i bolted everything in and i will try my idea out tomorrow:

All in all i am VERY happy with them and they were more than worth the wait. I also found these Mountainsmith bags that fit great. They hold recovery gear, tools and what not and are easy to get in and out depending on the trip. For folks like me that a drawer system really does not work for them or if you just want to make use of otherwise wasted space, you might want to give Mr. Hanna a ring.

Good to see the first customer installed set of HQ interiour racks. I like the use of the storage bags.

I do not recommend passing a the tie-down strap under and past the edge of the "floor plate". If that is even what you meant to hold the fridge. The edges of the plate could possibly cut throught the tie-down webbing given enough tension, vibration and time. Any square edge versus a tensioned rope or webbing can cut through like a knife. I highly recomend using the hooks on a tie-down at the given slotted tie points just under the basket as FirstToy suggested.

I second the use of a rated tie-down to hold a water can or any load in the racks.
tie slots.jpg

Good to see the first customer installed set of HQ interior racks. I like the use of the storage bags.

I do not recommend passing a the tie-down strap under and past the edge of the "floor plate". If that is even what you meant to hold the fridge. The edges of the plate could possibly cut thought the tie-down webbing given enough tension, vibration and time. Any square edge versus a tensioned rope or webbing can cut through like a knife. I highly recommend using the hooks on a tie-down at the given slotted tie points just under the basket as FirstToy suggested.

I second the use of a rated tie-down to hold a water can or any load in the racks.

Thanks Ken...Ya, i am going to experiment a bit with how to tie the fridge down...I might end up buying a fridge slide and see about mounting it to the floorboard plate...But until then, i think i will take your idea of using the existing tie down points and see how that goes. Yep, i agree about the bungee cord for the water can. It is empty now and the cord was just meant to keep it from rattlingly around.

Thanks again!

How's the jack and tool removal with the rack right in front of the access panel?

How's the jack and tool removal with the rack right in front of the access panel?

You can still get it the jack and tools....However i have a Hi-Lift and really don't use it.

slide-out tray

The next part of the system a slide out tray that fits the rear floor area with the second row sets in. The idea is to fit 2 bins next to a fridge or 4 bins no fridge or the possibilities are infinite. The slide-out is made up of parts, in the picture the grey is steel, the purple is steel with tie-down points, and the 2 blue parts are a wood laminate panel. With the slide-out made of parts will help in keep shipping, materials and weight cost down.

A Co2 tank (grey bottle shape on left in picture) is also in the mix to bolt to the rear of the racks.

Please be patient as this summer will not see these products done it will be winter at the soonest. We have 1/3 of out firefighters gone from our department working on the fires. The man will not let me go home for more than a day at a time if I’m lucky.
slide out.jpg

Looks very cool!!!

I was going to pick up a set on my out on my trip tomorrow but I just couldnt get my act together to get everything done. Oh well. I guess I can order them when I get back.

Very cool though!

So you were up in the SLO area? Next time you come through hit me up if you want to go wheeling. Always down for a Pismo ride or maybe hit Garcia ridge or something.

MIke

The next part of the system a slide out tray that fits the rear floor area with the second row sets in. The idea is to fit 2 bins next to a fridge or 4 bins no fridge or the possibilities are infinite. The slide-out is made up of parts, in the picture the grey is steel, the purple is steel with tie-down points, and the 2 blue parts are a wood laminate panel. With the slide-out made of parts will help in keep shipping, materials and weight cost down.

A Co2 tank (grey bottle shape on left in picture) is also in the mix to bolt to the rear of the racks.

Please be patient as this summer will not see these products done it will be winter at the soonest. We have 1/3 of out firefighters gone from our department working on the fires. The man will not let me go home for more than a day at a time if I’m lucky.

VERY COOL Ken! I like the new ideas..

That is awsome.. dont drop that plan please!

Really like the rest of the system. I had already planned on mounting a 15lb CO2 tank and a fire extinguisher to the racks using Fourtreks mounts. How modular will the slide tray be? It would nice to have a half slide for a fridge and the other half free for more gear or a spot for the dog. Now with the racks I can free up all the floor space.

Looks like you're ready to roll. What's next your HAM license?

With the Fall approaching, we need to get out as a group.

Very cool mod, glad some started making these, I made a mount like this about awhile back. Great place to keep items up off the floor.

Nice Job Ken!

Ammo
DSC00143-1.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom