Need a rear bumper? BIOR rear bumper group buy! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FullyLitLED

Supporting Vendor
Threads
BIOR High Clearance Bumper group buy

First off: Group buy is not limited to 5 people! Final date TBA

Price list is below(location of email moved since some people do not like reading the entire thread) Read all the details pls as the other thread was a gauging interest thread, this is a fresh thread so Mike can keep track of the potential orders. Only the new bolt on bumper design is in this group buy but I will add a waiting list for those who want the high clearance model, if both hit five, I am sure make can do both models. If the other model does not reach 5, mike's email to me said that he will address the issue once the problem arises. Now onto the reading...

OFFICIAL price list and mike's email 10/25/11 @6 pm PST

---------
Hi LJ

I would be happy to do a group buy for you guys. Mud members have helped make my business possible. I can offer 10% off of a bumper and the accessories for it. For this to work I would like to get at least 5 orders. If possible I would like to keep it to either the high clearance or the bolt on bumper. It will make it easier for me to mass produce them. If that is a problem we can deal with it at that point. I would need a 50% deposit from everyone before I start and final payment before they are shipped out. Here are the basic prices for things not including the 10% off.

Bolt on bumper coated $1000 raw $900 Take another $25 off if you don’t want the hitch.

High Clearance bumper $900 raw $800

Tire carrier $500 raw $460

Second arm $250 raw $230

Ladder $200 raw $180

Dual can carrier $250 raw $210

Add a spindle: $100/spindle

Add a swingarm with no modular items: $250/arm

Capping the bumper ends: $50

If you want a true bolt on bumper, subtract $25 for the removal of the "hitch"

I have several other options for the second carrier but not going to try to price them all out. If someone is interested in something else we can just work it out separately. These prices do include all hardware that is needed to install the bumper. With the bolt on bumper you have to cut a notch for the hitch to pass through the cross member or opt not to include the hitch and it is truly just bolt on. I will do what I can on the shipping but obviously if people are not close to one another it will not help out that much. If there is a large order it will take me a little while to get it done I want to make sure everyone is aware of that. I also am scheduled out to the middle of November right now. Let me know if I did not answer an of your question or if you would like me to get involved on the thread on mud. Thanks and I will talk to you soon.

Mike Smith
BumpItOffroad.com

-----------

Pictures of the bumper

MXNDRNKS hundy with optional ladder and tire carrier

etbrwx.jpg

DSC_9002.JPG

DSC_9007.JPG

DSC_9008.JPG

more than 5 orders is fine and if you can't make it this time, there will always be next time and I will gladly organize it again

Official List and wanted items:

number. username: item(zipcode)

1. Anthony L. : bolt on model. Dual swingouts, tire carrier, ladder with powdercoat finish (98023)
2. Blackwater: bolt on model. Powdercoat. Tire carrier with second swingout arm (72758)...pending mike's email
3. Saillaw: bolt on model. Powdercoat. tire carrier, ladder, jerry can holder(72211)
4. Uzj100elkhuntr: bolt on model;.... still pending
5. Jhfj80: bolt on, powdercoat with tire carrier(Ft. Campell, KY or Raleigh, NC)
6. Viderestudious: bolt on bumper. bare metal. Tire carrier and second swingout with ladder(also participating in skid plate group buy)...shipping to 97402
7. mpho: waiting on details

Although not available in this group buy as of yet,as promised, here is the list of those interested in the high clearance bumper

1. Jgray
2. LJ_24: high clearance bumper basic bumper only. No powdercoat (95054)
3. geocruiser: high clearance bumper tire carrier and ladder(15642)
4. Petrotk40: high clearance. Powdercoat. Tire carrier, second swingout spindle with no swingarm (74137)....may switch to high clearance

Last edited:
LJ, please add me to the list for a "bolt on" purchase with Powdercoat.

I would like a dual swingout however im not sure if im going with all the "extras" or just the bumper with dual spindles at this point. I will update the final specs in a day or two.

Thank you for setting this up! :beer:

EDIT:

Shipping would be to 72758. Although NTSaint and myself may try to setup a combined shipping to Little Rock Arkansas depending on the price break.....

Last edited:
Anthony.L - Bolt-on, dual swingouts, ladder, powder coat finish (98023)

;)

LJ, please add me to the list for a "bolt on" purchase with Powdercoat.

I would like a dual swingout however im not sure if im going with all the "extras" or just the bumper with dual spindles at this point. I will update the final specs in a day or two.

Thank you for setting this up! :beer:

No problem, adding you now

Anthony.L - Bolt-on, dual swingouts, ladder, powder coat finish (98023)

;)

My bad on that, I will fix it anthoNy! ;)

also do you guys mind sharing your zipcode so that people know he they can coordinate with for combined shipment

LJ, as other's have said... just exactly what are we signing up for? You've got the 'buy' part but we're all waiting on the 'group' (benefit) part. Let's see some numbers and it will help firm up a lot of the decisions!

What I'm looking for would be a dual swing with ladder left and spare right. I do also want to personalize it by adding integrated lights (turn and brake, two per side). Recovery points and 2" hitch receiver would be mandatory. Haven't yet fully done my research or vetted out the various vendors, but a sweet deal can always motivate a transaction. Heck, I'd be interested in a Slee GB opportunity as well! Christo? :) Heck, let's get a GB going on a Horizon trailer while we're at it! And maybe a roof rack GB early next year! Actually what we really need is a GB on some gas!:cheers:

Dude, the numbers are right in the first post of this thread! Under all the pictures! lol

scroll down and read:steer:

LJ, as other's have said... just exactly what are we signing up for?

Did you miss that part of LJ's post? GB is set up, 10% off bumper and any components as long as we have 5 committed buyers.

I would be happy to do a group buy for you guys. Mud members have helped make my business possible. I can offer 10% off of a bumper and the accessories for it. For this to work I would like to get at least 5 orders. If possible I would like to keep it to either the high clearance or the bolt on bumper. It will make it easier for me to mass produce them. If that is a problem we can deal with it at that point. I would need a 50% deposit from everyone before I start and final payment before they are shipped out. Here are the basic prices for things not including the 10% off.

Bolt on bumper coated $1000 raw $900 Take another $25 off if you don’t want the hitch.
Tire carrier $500 raw $460
Second arm $250 raw $230
Ladder $200 raw $180
Dual can carrier $250 raw $210

Dude, the numbers are right in the first post of this thread! Under all the pictures! lol

scroll down and read:steer:

Did you miss that part of LJ's post? GB is set up, 10% off bumper and any components as long as we have 5 committed buyers.

Sorry guys. Those two threads were making my head hurt there were so many questions, options, posts, re-posts, maybes, wannas, this bumper, that bumper.... ahhhhhh! Got confused between the two threads. Late hour, good grilled chicken in the belly, and a little wine didn't help. :)

So just to clarify it's 10 off the prices in post #1, correct? What's the window on the buy? We've got property taxes and holidays coming up...

Sorry guys. Those two threads were making my head hurt there were so many questions, options, posts, re-posts, maybes, wannas, this bumper, that bumper.... ahhhhhh! Got confused between the two threads. Late hour, good grilled chicken in the belly, and a little wine didn't help. :)

So just to clarify it's 10 off the prices in post #1, correct? What's the window on the buy? We've got property taxes and holidays coming up...

Ita okay, I still have a headache from thirsty tuesdays happy hour at my school...alld drinks $1.50:beer:

Yes its 10 percent off all the prices in post 1. There is no real window for this to happen just so long as we have five or more! So I will ask mike what window of time he wants to keep the list open if we pass five people by the end of this week:steer:

I'm in. I would prefer the high clearance bumper but the regular one with the discount is cool too.

bolt on, PC, tire carrier and 2nd spindle but no arm yet. shipping to 74137 (Tulsa)

Blackwater, I sent you a PM. It'll cost me about $130 to drive to Little Rock to pick it up, so we can look at combining depending on how much it saves.

I'm in. I would prefer the high clearance bumper but the regular one with the discount is cool too.

bolt on, PC, tire carrier and 2nd spindle but no arm yet. shipping to 74137 (Tulsa)

Blackwater, I sent you a PM. It'll cost me about $130 to drive to Little Rock to pick it up, so we can look at combining depending on how much it saves.

Adding you on the list. I will also add a note saying that if the high clearance model pushes through, then you prefer that one

Me and Nick (2000UZJ) were also interested in the high clearance design.

For others interested in the high clearance model - You can have the side wings plated with steel to cover up the open / tubed wings if you prefer. This look is similar to what some of the 4x4labs bumpers look like...

Me and Nick (2000UZJ) were also interested in the high clearance design.

For others interested in the high clearance model - You can have the side wings plated with steel to cover up the open / tubed wings if you prefer. This look is similar to what some of the 4x4labs bumpers look like...

adding to potential list

I have been contemplating switching my order to the high clearance IF we reach 5 for both. It does look good especially with the non plated sides. More functional in case I decide to tackle rocks like you guys do.

Update 8:22 am 10/26/11:

just sent a message to Mike regarding towing, adding only spindles, price of the high clearance both with and without powdercoating(in case we get 5 orders of those in addition to the 5 bolt on models), and compatibility of the ladder with the 06+ spoiler(whale tail).

Last edited:
After looking at the potential interest in the "high clearance" model, I feel we need some good pictures (with and w/o enclosed sides) to compare to the "bolt on" model.

I have been searching around all morning but can only find the one picture of the white 100 on Mike's website w/o enclosed sides.

Anyone have any pictures LJ could add to the original post? Or just PM me?

After looking at the potential interest in the "high clearance" model, I feel we need some good pictures (with and w/o enclosed sides) to compare to the "bolt on" model.

I have been searching around all morning but can only find the one picture of the white 100 on Mike's website w/o enclosed sides.

Anyone have any pictures LJ could add to the original post? Or just PM me?

Ask and you shall receive;) I will add them to the original post after I get a reply from Mike

Taken from this thread by TXLX470. Hi clearance with plated sides.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/100-series-cruisers/354438-bump-off-road-front-rear-bumpers-installed.html

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks LJ, Thats perfect. It looks good but unfortunately this model is just not for me.

Im going to stick with the "bolt on" style. Hopefully these pics will help other decide what model they ultimately want to go with..

Thanks

ya... I'm leaning towards the regular one now. You can take me off the tentative low profile list.

Those are the worst photo's I have seen of the BIOR high clearance. Here are some I took of Brock and Gearguywb (sp?) earlier this year.
IMG_1763.jpg
IMG_1885.jpg
IMG_1916.jpg

ya... I'm leaning towards the regular one now. You can take me off the tentative low profile list.

Lol will do. I think Mxndrnks posted yesterday that the high clearance model is only an additional savings of 1.5" of clearance. I'm sure some will see that as a requirement while others will see that as not so significant of a difference

I won't fully utilize the 1.5" of additional clearance. For me personally, my hang up previously with the BIO bumper was the finished appearance of the product. I was just stuck with the appearance of the Slee. Now with the updated "bolt on" BIO they have the same great "finished look" I desire.

So the decision was simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom