Zippy Build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Started the process of deleting the ABS system will post pictures of end result. There is a lot of room now though for something on the drivers side now. Once this is complete will need to get serious about deleting the egr system and replacing vacuum hose.

Cool... Rob and I both want to do this delete on FOO and Lexi. I have all of Erik's brake line tools right now, so if you need to bend up a line let me know, and we can make three of them.

Cool... Rob and I both want to do this delete on FOO and Lexi. I have all of Erik's brake line tools right now, so if you need to bend up a line let me know, and we can make three of them.
I was able to bend the lines to make the connections needed under the hood by hand I think that is what the person I am kind of copying did with his and it seems to have worked. Also I took parts from the 94 so that I already had some of the prep work done to start so with my now spare T piece and small line we could prep one vehicle at a time.

Lost my brake booster on Sat afternoon so this will be a priority before I head to Arkansas next month. BTW @shoresoccer13 you made out like a bandit during the raffle. I obviously chose the wrong series of $100 tickets of the 2 sets I purchased for you and I. I have a large tote full of stuff for you.

Awesome on the raffle, I will advise on the two bolts that are between the frame and the gas tank not to get over zealous on removing them with the closed end of a ratcheting wrench because I now have a wrench stuck in there and am looking at using a hack saw to cut the bolt off to get all of it out.
Lost my brake booster on Sat afternoon so this will be a priority before I head to Arkansas next month. BTW @shoresoccer13 you made out like a bandit during the raffle. I obviously chose the wrong series of $100 tickets of the 2 sets I purchased for you and I. I have a large tote full of stuff for you.

You have several folks mad at this "Paul" from St. Joe that took home all the raffle prizes.

you might want to bring some extra booze to the next group event you attend.

Just saying, it can't hurt.

You have several folks mad at this "Paul" from St. Joe that took home all the raffle prizes.

you might want to bring some extra booze to the next group event you attend.

Just saying, it can't hurt.
I will have to consider that then

Ok finished up the ABS delete and installation of Slee ss brake lines on Sunday but my computer shot craps so had to wait for new ribbon for hard drive before posting up after pictures of the install. Also broke the bolts holding the LSV so will need to get those pulled out so I can use the spare bracket with elbow that I have.
DSC01147.JPG
DSC01148.jpg
DSC01149.jpg
DSC01150.JPG
DSC01151.JPG

Looks like I get to track down what has caused my fan to stop working hoping it is the control box and not the fan and will be replacing the switch to the rear heater as for some reason it has decided to break.

If you need any parts, let me know. Free to good home.

If you need any parts, let me know. Free to good home.
I have all the parts from my parts truck, they should all work and thanks for the offer. Though the main heat/ac fan turned on this evening after I threatened to not take "her" to Colorado this year if "she" didn't start acting right

I have all the parts from my parts truck, they should all work and thanks for the offer. Though the main heat/ac fan turned on this evening after I threatened to not take "her" to Colorado this year if "she" didn't start acting right

Lexi had issues with intermittent Heat/AC functionality that was due to a short from Power Antenna circuit to Heat/AC circuit. Hopefully not your issue as it was quite time consuming to pull entire dash and open up main harness running below windshield to isolate which pair of wires was chaffing.

Quick way to check for wiring short is to pull fuses one at a time and check for voltage at the non-battery terminal of fuse removed. If you find voltage there, pull other fuses one at a time to determine potential source circuit. Unfortunately, I was getting voltage from Power Antenna to a common ground wire for multiple circuits besides the Heat/AC which caused a lot of things to get funky.

Received my hand throttle yesterday and went to install last night when I noticed that my gas pedal is not the correct one, luckily the parts 80 had the correct pedal so with a little extra work I hope to have this installed soon. Just a bit worried about the throttle cable removal from the old pedal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom