Your favorite saw.zaw? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking to get one, and all my tools are different. Drills are DeWalt and I love em, other saw are Milwaukee, love em. I am leaning towards Milwaukee for my saw zaw, what do you have? Like/dislike? weight and contour? Had it long?

You mean sawzall?

That's a Milwalkee brand name for a reciprocating saw. Should tell you something that the defacto name for the tool has become Milwalkee's brand name.

I'm pretty fond of the Milwalkee corded ones. They make nice cordless ones too, but I seem to remember there was a different brand some contractors liked better.

I think all the new ones have a keyless assembly for changing the blade, nice and quick! also nice to have one that swivels in the middle to get into tighter places. I like my Milwakee.

on another note, buy decent blades. it really is worth the extra $$'s for them, IMHO

i bought a factory reman milwaukee...love it. sawzalls rule!

another vote for milwaukee.

I prefer the corded type, also get as big in amps as you can.

I have a cordless dewalt for the light stuff and a 110v Mill SawsAll for the big stuff. It has the keyless blade changing capability.

Avoid the Super SawsAll. The eccentrics inside wear out way too fast.

X2 on avoiding the Super, had the most potential and has turned into the tool I hate the most! I have sent it to repaired twice and it still does not work!:mad:

Well I guess you need at least one person who has a Porter Cable. Have a dual action one. Like it a lot. Quick change mech is really easy. I've given it hell and back and it still works really well. Torch blades are the only way to go.

Last edited:
Another dewalt.
the bigger 110v one, works smooth, nice weight and balance for the fine detail work :D

I have had a Ryobi corded for about 20 years now and it has seen a lot of action in my during my reno business. It was very good value for the cost.

A couple of years ago I picked up a Mil cordless kit that included the sawsall with quick change feature and swival handle. Also a very good tool.

What you gonna use it for and how much do you want to spend?

Wow the Mil. have overwhelming ownership on here, good point Gumby. I have a home restoration business but wouldn't currently get alot of use given a majority of the jobs that I do, but it would be handy. Price is not as much of an issue as quality is. I've learned the hard way years ago, buy nice $hit once, cheap $hit twice. What have you guys paid?

I bought a remanufactured 16 amp Milwaukee Sawzall and it is a big bitch (in the good sense). I cut the roof off of a 62 like butta!

Spend the extra $40-50 and get the 16 amp as opposed to the 12 amp. There is a big difference in power. Stay away from cordless versions. The cord even detaches if you end up cutting your cord like my dad once did with a circular saw. :doh:

I paid $100. Look on ebay. The guy who I bought mine from sells lots of them. It's a "make an offer" listing. Offer 100 and you'll get it. I performs and looks like new.

I have a Porter Cable that I like . We have a Milwaukee at work and I cant think of anything that is better about it. But one thing that is better about mine is that in addition to the reciprocating in and out action it can also be set to reciprocate back and forth allowing it to make rough cuts alot faster. Milwaukee may offer this feature as well but the one I use at work doesn't have it. Just wanted to give the first Porter Cable endorsement :D

SORRY! It's the 13 amp over the 10 amp. Don't know why I thought 16 amp...

The 13 amp (don't know about the 10) has a selector that allows for orbital cutting action or just linear (back and forth). The Milwaukee's handle rotates in 45 degree increments (360), and has the quik-lok blade chuck, which can be operated easily with one hand (no allen wrench, etc.). Counter balance, variable speed (very seneitive trigger).

I love my sawzall. It resides under my pillow. If it only had an attachment for the wife...

Porter Cable is of the same class of power tools as Milwaukee (the best). Hilti is top-tier too. Both are a little better than DeWalt (which is in the same class as some Bosch stuff). Avoid Hitachi, Rigid, Ryobi, Makita and especially Black and Decker. Don't know about Firestorm, so that isn't a good sign.

Another vote for Milwaukee... I have the 8.5 amp 6519-50 that I prefer over the heavier 12amp + models. It's lighter and doesn't beat you up with extended use. With fresh blades I have never felt as though it's even needed more power anyway. I use it in remodeling, and can't seem to hurt it. My 2 cents...

:beer:

Milwaukee..................

Between White Shark & I we own five. 2 corded 3 cordless.
The only thing I use the cordless for it seems like is for cutting abs/pvc pipe & mybe a few other misc. jobs here and there.

I use the corded 12amp for demo just due to the power and speed. I would never miss the cordless if I had to chose between the two.

Others I've owned were an old AEG and a Makita. Both finally gave it up, but not before they were pounded on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom