YotaMD 200 Series Titanium Fob Shell Kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Haha, yes they are! The LX design is next in line after the 16-17 LC design. Schedule is hard to predict accurately, but I'm thinking mid July for the LX if things go right.

Any update on 08-16 LX design?
Just placed an order for "YMD1 - Titanium Reinforced Toyota/Lexus Key Kit" in black. Wanted the FDE color but quite a bit more than black. Looking forward to receiving it in the mail.

Any update on 08-16 LX design?
Just placed an order for "YMD1 - Titanium Reinforced Toyota/Lexus Key Kit" in black. Wanted the FDE color but quite a bit more than black. Looking forward to receiving it in the mail.
LX design still a ways out. This year was huge for Air Down Gear Up, my other company. That meant a lot of CAD time went towards that product while the YotaMD designs slowed to a crawl. The YMD3 design for the later year 200 LC is nearly done, then LX is next! My updated guess on timing is maybe late spring 2021, but that could move forward or back, pending sales volumes for ADGU or YotaMD designs. Only so much time in a day, so I have to chase the $$.

2020 Black Friday sale is LIVE!

20% off any 2 items in the store, in honor of the year of suck for many of us, 2020.

View attachment 2506295

YMD3 (2016-2018 Land Cruiser and newer 5th gen 4Runners) is creeping up to it's first production run. I'm going to need a couple testers to try it out and provide feedback before I let it loose. Then the LX version is up next!

2020 Black Friday sale is LIVE!

20% off any 2 items in the store, in honor of the year of suck for many of us, 2020.

View attachment 2506295

YMD3 (2016-2018 Land Cruiser and newer 5th gen 4Runners) is creeping up to it's first production run. I'm going to need a couple testers to try it out and provide feedback before I let it loose. Then the LX version is up next!

Doggonit I would've got 2x 08'-'16 LX570 key fobs :cry:

Doggonit I would've got 2x 08'-'16 LX570 key fobs :cry:
Fear not, the time will come. I'm more concerned about getting it right than getting it done fast. Currently on revision 10 of the YMD3 for the LC and really loving how it's transformed through the design iterations. Better and better every time.

The LX will follow a similar design method. Slow and steady with lots of iterations.

Fear not, the time will come. I'm more concerned about getting it right than getting it done fast. Currently on revision 10 of the YMD3 for the LC and really loving how it's transformed through the design iterations. Better and better every time.

The LX will follow a similar design method. Slow and steady with lots of iterations.

No worries just busting your chops! I'm happy to pay the premium for the final product.

Possible to buy red of YMD2 - 3 Button with PANIC - Replacement Plastics ONLY? I have two original black plastics. Replacement plastics showing only black, blue, orange, and green currently

Possible to buy red of YMD2 - 3 Button with PANIC - Replacement Plastics ONLY? I have two original black plastics. Replacement plastics showing only black, blue, orange, and green currently
Yes, I just updated the listing. Try now! I don't have many of those, so jump on it if you want them. Might be a while before I run a red batch again.

Mid year 200 LC design done. Moving into final prototype print in my carbon fiber-nylon printer. If this looks good tomorrow morning, we'll be moving into the first small production run of titanium cutting and plastic shell fab. I expect to find a little fix here and there on the first small volunteer tester run (maybe 5 units) and then it'll be off to full production runs.

LX design up next ladies and gents. Thanks for the patience. Rough guess is that CAD was around 400 features, each with it's own set of dimensions. Takes a while to get all those right. Long road, but this design is my favorite so far. Trimmed away a TON of volume compared to OEM yet maintained integrity where it counts.

1606624232122.png

Product Tester Listing is LIVE for the YMD3 - Toyota Smart Remote with Rectangular buttons. For 200, I believe that's 2016/2017 years. I have 5 units for Early Adopters. Hoping to get those tested in the next couple weeks leading up to x-mas with the full launch occurring right around new years.

Product Tester Listing is LIVE for the YMD3 - Toyota Smart Remote with Rectangular buttons. For 200, I believe that's 2016/2017 years. I have 5 units for Early Adopters. Hoping to get those tested in the next couple weeks leading up to x-mas with the full launch occurring right around new years.

What’s the latest eta on the 18/19/20?

What’s the latest eta on the 18/19/20?
Hard to say. Perhaps mid 2021. 2020 got slowed down quite a bit by Air Down Gear Up CAD work. Business was booming this year and I needed to tidy up CAD in preparation for a CNC purchase to bring much of that machine work in house. If that business continues its upward trajectory, I may have to sink more CAD time (and CNC operator time) into that, which would delay that newer LC remote design.

I also haven't been laid off from my day job (oil and gas measurement) which amazes me and continues to absorb most my weekdays. If/When I get laid off, the YotaMD remote design work will move into warp speed compared to now.

Hard to say. Perhaps mid 2021. 2020 got slowed down quite a bit by Air Down Gear Up CAD work. Business was booming this year and I needed to tidy up CAD in preparation for a CNC purchase to bring much of that machine work in house. If that business continues its upward trajectory, I may have to sink more CAD time (and CNC operator time) into that, which would delay that newer LC remote design.

I also haven't been laid off from my day job (oil and gas measurement) which amazes me and continues to absorb most my weekdays. If/When I get laid off, the YotaMD remote design work will move into warp speed compared to now.
There will always be a need for qualified DoT/Custody Transfer instrument technicians since, as you know, they’re federally regulated pieces of equipment and directly tied to License to Operate agreements. 😎 #blackgold 🛢

There will always be a need for qualified DoT/Custody Transfer instrument technicians since, as you know, they’re federally regulated pieces of equipment and directly tied to License to Operate agreements. 😎 #blackgold 🛢
True, but I'm more on the back end supporting some futuristic approaches that sometimes work and sometimes create more headache than they're worth. My job's generally justified by the "sandbox" money for producer's R&D efforts. Less new drilling, fewer fancy meters to install to try new things, less data for me to support to try and prove our case. But.... we're not dead yet! Still kickin.... for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom