YotaMD 200 Series Titanium Fob Shell Kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just so y'all know I'm not pulling your chain on progress, here's the lock button, gasket and circuit board that were tidied up today on the YMD3 (2016-2017/2018 LC). Before I can do any of the fun stuff, all these parts need to be modeled. Time consuming now, but getting all this dialed in will keep the final product as tight and accurate as all the other YotaMD designs and save time on prototyping.

Miiiiight just have a fitment check to print up later this week. Looks like I can transfer over a lot of the YMD2 design when it comes to basic mounting and key retaining. That design is well-dialed at this point so that will be really helpful.

1589255531945.png

1589255575768.png

1589255600880.png

I've got the majority of basic CAD done for the 2016-2017 LC design with square buttons. It's close to an initial reveal, but I'm about to head out for a trip. An august release is optimistic. Lexus remote up after that, then it's up for grabs on which design is next!

I'll fistfight someone for one that fits a 2011 LX.

If you're gonna be in Silverton next weekend I'll bring my extra key for you to work with.
I've already got a tester for that design, so I'm set! Thanks though!

I'm headed to Idaho instead next week. Silverton might be an August trip for me this year. This year's schedule is all out of sorts.

@MrCWineMan You are not forgotten!

The 2016 LC design is in final design stages now. I've got the core of the remote down in size 2.5 mm in every dimension from the OEM square button design. I need to finalize the titanium key release mechanism and then make it "pretty". It's been a long road, but this should be the most robust and hopefully sexiest design yet. Aiming for a rendering debut in the next few weeks.

I've got a CNC (for Air Down Gear Up, not YotaMD) being delivered in a couple months so my aim is to have this completed by then so I can shift focus over to CNC for a while. Also have another baby arriving early 2021 so life's about to get more hectic all around!

Boring teaser of CAD...
1604378769179.png

No love for 2015 LX570? Aren't there more LX's out there than LCs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom