YotaMD 200 Series Titanium Fob Shell Kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Posted this to the 100 series section, but there were many 200 series pre-orders as well so it's worth sharing here as well.

Starting 2021 with our best foot forward. A very heart felt hank you goes out to everyone that contributed to the cause by supporting YotaMD in December. This is enough to feed a family of four, three meals a day. For 2 years. That's awesome!

Thank you @Mauser for the inspiration. Feeding America makes it real easy to donate.

2020 Feeding AMerica Announcement fade.jpg

2020 Feeding America Gift.jpg

200 Series 2016-18 test kits have been shipped! Hoping to start fulfilling pre-orders before February.

The titanium works *exactly* like I wanted, which is a big relief. It has an even firmer *click* than the YMD2. Really nice, positive metal on metal engagement.

Stay tuned folks, release is imminent!

One thing I could use some insight on: COLOR

What's interest levels for folks regarding color?

Here are the planned options:

Black
Dark Grey
Very Light Grey (Battleship)
Orange
Red
FDE
Zombie Green
Purple
Pink Champagne

I had two black ones for my '13, but I'm considering a brighter color like orange for my backup key on this one.

For what it's worth, I love mine in lime/zombie green. I'm not normally a bright color guy, but it makes it really easy to identify my key when it's mixed in a bowl on the table with a bunch of other crap from my pocket.

I’ve preordered the black one, but I might consider ordering a second if orange were available. Thanks for asking.
I'm open to changing pre-orders over to a color as well. Just let me know.
I had two black ones for my '13, but I'm considering a brighter color like orange for my backup key on this one.

For what it's worth, I love mine in lime/zombie green. I'm not normally a bright color guy, but it makes it really easy to identify my key when it's mixed in a bowl on the table with a bunch of other crap from my pocket.
Great to know, thanks!

Update for 2016-2018 LC: Tester feedback has been collected and revisions have been made in CAD. Revised design is in production now. I plan to ship some Pre-orders with this upcoming revision. I think I've got the tester issues solved, but I'm hedging my bet while I wait for tester feedback on the updated version.

Thanks for all the pre-orders. I'll reach out shortly to those with pre-orders to see if any other colors are desired. I'm happy to change any existing pre-order over to a non-black color. An additional premium for the Cerakote will apply, likely ~$15-$20.

If you've already placed a pre-order and want a non-black color, shoot me a PM.

I find myself accidentally locking/unlocking/panicking my 2020 TLC from the fob in my pocket all the time. It bumps my keys, or the buttons get pressed through my pants, presumably because the factory fob has big, flush, easily pushed buttons. (I don't think I wear super tight pants or pack too much in my pockets, but maybe I actually am weird.) I'm really hopeful that a YotaMD product can eventually help prevent the annoying accidental inputs.

Looking forward to the '19-21 4-button version.

I find myself accidentally locking/unlocking/panicking my 2020 TLC from the fob in my pocket all the time. It bumps my keys, or the buttons get pressed through my pants, presumably because the factory fob has big, flush, easily pushed buttons. (I don't think I wear super tight pants or pack too much in my pockets, but maybe I actually am weird.) I'm really hopeful that a YotaMD product can eventually help prevent the annoying accidental inputs.
How close to your truck do you hang out? The range on the key is embarrassingly short.

Is there an LX version yet?
Not quite yet. That design is up next and I'll begin CAD work shortly!

I'm still tidying up the release of the LC from 2016-2018, but that should conclude in the next 2-4 weeks.

If the 18 is still on the menu, im all about 2, colored up
LC? Yes. That should be the YMD3 and it's available for pre-order now. If you want a color that's not listed for pre-order yet, just let me know what you want and if it's a color I can justify making I'll get a listing up for it.

LX? up to 2015 is up next. 2016+ is after that (and depends on how many of the pre '15 I sell.

Yes, for an 18 LC, Pink Champagne and Lime Green would be phenomenal
For sure. I'm waiting for the Pink Champagne orders to start flowing in, but so far it's been underwhelming. I'll keep releasing more styles with that because that color is just awesome. Super classy. I'm hoping it'll be popular with the relatively larger audience of female owners of the Lexus crowd, but we'll see. My customer list is like 95% dudes. Gotta level out that mix.

The 18 will be a little ways off, but bare with me. I plan to get there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom