yeti's Rojo BJ73 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NGray , I think you need to take that turbo thingy off and send it to me for closer inspection.....:cool:

Considering no one in Florida drives over 35 mph, Nigel has no need for a turbo in the first place. :)

Brothers united.... Finally had a little meeting here in the ATL.

CAM00549.jpg

We did some tire kicking and talking..... sure in nice to see anther one and compare...

CAM00548.jpg

There are some interesting items that are different between the Rojo (1986) and the 1989 LX

CAM00544.jpg

Now its time for a road trip down south for a 70s greet.....

The two red 70's look outstanding next to each other. Beautiful trucks and great photos.

Thanks for sharing!

-Alberto

I was trying to figure out how to carry a spare gas can (empty) , so I started playing with some plate steel I had and my spare highlift jack holder and bamm..

CAM00551.jpg

CAM00550.jpg

It can carry two cans and is lockable. I know that carrying full cans and the spare on the rear door is most likely not good long term. I learned a little about drilling plate steel , don't ware sandals while drilling , the metal shavings are hot as hell if they fall on your foot.... :doh:

The end result looks very good but with diesel fuel weighing ~ 7 lbs per gallon I would worry about the structural integrity of the door.

Diesel is 7lb a gallon? I didn't realize it was over a pound lighter than water.

......... 7.15 pounds per US gallon.

Picked up a battery box to put my extra deep cycle in so I can put it in the back and run items. It is made for fishing and should work great running the frig. Even has an LED indicator on it and a fuse.

CAM00556.jpg

CAM00555.jpg

Also opened up the front so I can inspect the winch and figure out how it is mounted.

CAM00557.jpg

It is mounted on the face of the bumper but the bumper has been modified with very thick plate and reinforced in several areas.

CAM00558.jpg

I think this was done to keep the winch as high up as possible and get a 12k winch to fit. I dont think I would try and pull an 80s out but I think it should be fine for the weight of the 73.

Yes on the 24v , On charging the other battery , I will not have it installed all he time so a permanent charge solution is not needed. Simple answer is it will be charged before leaving. My frig can run on a single battery for a few days so I think that would be fine and I will have a solar panel attached which is why I wanted a battery box with terminals on the outside also. At this point Rojo will be a weekend , DD rig.

I have run my frig using a Deep Cycle Marine Die Hard all weekend long , with no issues. I think the longest I have run continuous with out driving was three days in the summer. I think a frig is one of the best items I have purchased and runs beer duty in the garage when not in the truck. I think mine was something like $430 shipped. (edge star)

I think Rojo is mad at me for messing around with its bumper.... Well , what ever I am doing doesn't seem to work very well in terms of my batteries. 7 months ago I replaced with cheap-0 Walmart brand and today... one dead battery, truck wont start. :mad:

I guess I will have to get on tracing down all the wiring and figure out what is going on...

image.jpg
I think Rojo is mad at me for messing around with its bumper.... Well , what ever I am doing doesn't seem to work very well in terms of my batteries. 7 months ago I replaced with cheap-0 Walmart brand and today... one dead battery, truck wont start. :mad:

I guess I will have to get on tracing down all the wiring and figure out what is going on...

Could have been Rojo / Christine in a previous life.

What condition are your battery cables and connections in? Just starting with the most basic since you have new'ish batteries. Good luck.

:mad:

I guess I will have to get on tracing down all the wiring and figure out what is going on...[/QUOTE]
I have run my frig using a Deep Cycle Marine Die Hard all weekend long , with no issues. I think the longest I have run continuous with out driving was three days in the summer. I think a frig is one of the best items I have purchased and runs beer duty in the garage when not in the truck. I think mine was something like $430 shipped. (edge star)
I have an engel, 12&24v 40L , draws 2.5amps at max freeze on12v , I just put engel socket in back of Oldtoy, and had no dramas powers via 24v not 12 volt, best fridges in the market,

Well after some reading , I think I need to swap my batteries around every month or two. I had one battery that was reading 10.7 which means it was dead. I put in on my charger and zapped it for a little and now it seems to be fine. I swapped positions and charged each battery and Rojo started right up !! Then I got around to installing these LED lights instead of the round Hella ones... They put out some great light and they were only $40 for the pair.

CAM00566.jpg

I ended up drilling some new mounting holes in the ARB, they are set in the existing wire which has a factory switch to control. now back to watching world cup soccer....

Are you using full size batteries with high cranking amps? Mine has a 12v tap which I need to change but have been swapping them out ever 4-5 months and starts strong for almost a year now.

Edit. Swapping as in rotating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom