Yet another PS question. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Okay so here is the deal. I have a Saganaw plate and it looks like there will be clearance issues with the shackle.

So my question is for those who are not running a shackle reversal do you have any pics and has anyone run into clearance issues? If so how did you address them?

I am planning on running a 4" lift so I don't want to move my shackle hangers out any further to have a negative effect on the shackle angles. The lift should be harsh enough.

I also considered doing mini steering and will run a 35" tire (at the max). I know that the general consensus is that Saginaw is the way to go. Any suggestions or comments from people who have done the swap would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 4" lift and Conferr shackles, the plate and pump clears fine, you just need to reverse the bolt so that the nut is on the outside.

Any chance I could get you to take some pics for me?

for a 35" max I would consider the fj60 swap.

saginaw has more boost, but my fj60 feels great on the road with my 37's, just not enough power when aired down and locked on the trail.

hers o few of mine
IMG_0542.JPG
IMG_0563.JPG
IMG_0564.JPG

none of thes probably help, but i notched mine out a little bit, and also put my box as far into the frame as possible

last pics old but for fun
IMG_0568.JPG
tire on jeep.JPG

The steering shaft ties in with a u-joint anyway so it shouldn't matter if you shift the mounting plate around enough to clear the shackle bolt. (I guess if you bought a pre-drilled plate it will require moving some holes - weld closed and redrill maybe.) Also, like Cam I shoved the gear box into the crossmember pretty far. Big hole on the front side and small hole on the backside, no spud shaft.

If I remember I'll take a pic tonight and post it.

Thanks Cam, those pics helped a lot. It appears tight but doesn't seem like too much of a problem.

Thanks Cam, those pics helped a lot. It appears tight but doesn't seem like too much of a problem.
Cam's continued efficient and well documented posting continue to turn me green with envy. Nice pics x2:cheers:

Cam's continued efficient and well documented posting continue to turn me green with envy. Nice pics x2:cheers:

stop it, your making me blush:eek:

Hi All:

I too have Saginaw PS and front (stock location) shackles. It is a tight fit but it clears just fine.

Remember, you want to cram that PS gearbox up into the frame crossmember as much as possible when mocking-up the gearbox mounting plate location.

Good luck with your PS swap!

Alan

Full insertion into frame. I may have used thicker spacers too. Can't remember.
saginaw box1a.jpg
saginaw box2a.jpg
saginaw box3a.jpg

Thanks guys all the pics were great. I was really worried that I was going to have a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom