Builds Yet another New LC Owner (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The heart

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Great looking rig! How did you mount your viair system? I have one I bought years ago waiting for the right rig and will probably put it on my 80. Thanks!

Do you miss the Disco???
Yes and no...it had character, but it also had an insatiable appetite for money and repairs...even after replacing oem with better aftermarket parts...couldn't hold fluids in it to save its life...but off road it was very impressive....only down side to that is I wasn't doing much off road as it was my daily driver

Great looking rig! How did you mount your viair system? I have one I bought years ago waiting for the right rig and will probably put it on my 80. Thanks!
Mounted it inside my drawer system...I will get around to mounting the air tank in place if the oem spare one day

Maybe I missed the details. What did you do to the engine?

2v2JQy74VxAHaP.jpg

2v2JQy7iTxAHaP.jpg

1519122533910-vi.jpg
[/URL]Hosted on Fotki[/IMG]
2v2JQy7kmxAHaP.jpg

2v2JQy7DSxAHaP.jpg

Parts to arrive, new main harness, exhaust heat shields, t case rear output bearing...still to install...new oem rotors all round, e brake shoes,4 calipers and oem pads, new lspv, rcv cromoly cv axles, knuckle rebuild kit...
It has taken me a leisurely week to strip down the truck of the front clip, bumper, winch dual batteries etc and pull the engine and driveline as an assembly...almost to the point of reassembly and reinstall...might be back in the bay by weeks end if all goes well...
I hope I can remember where everything goes...
Did the ziplock bag thing with sharpie notes for all nuts and bolts as they came off.

Will have a solid 97 block available in the central Florida area in the next week or two...head is also good, but valve seals have hardened and I was using more ill and making more smoke than I cared for...350000 on the clock at time of removal

That is a sweet rig and meticulous overhaul. From where I'm sitting that looks like a spare no expense project. I wish I had similar coin to put into mine. I'd do mine much like you are doing yours.

That is a sweet rig and meticulous overhaul. From where I'm sitting that looks like a spare no expense project. I wish I had similar coin to put into mine. I'd do mine much like you are doing yours.
Yeah...my thought process is if Toyota parts lasted for 21 years and 350000 miles, that's a worthy investment of my time and money on a truck that has no peer in the modern market...
Not to mention I only want to do this once...

Haven’t updated in a long while...
Disaster at start up...noise and knocking...shut her down...
Tore her apart to discover cylinder 3 and piston had be damaged by foreign matter from the head rebuild...heartbroken...honed the cylinder in place and pushed in a new piston from Beno...reinstalled oil pans and had my original head rebuilt and reinstalled on this block...everything went together just perfect.

3000 miles on her now, have since rebuilt the front end and installed the rcv axles, new iem rotors all round and rebuilt calipers from Napa with oem pads, bearings and seals...
Only down side is a grinding noise from my rear t case seal install...have a replacement case from Deo to swap it out and be done with this build...for now ;)

...had the seat belts rehabbed by safety restore....new webbing and clean up of the mechanism....ahh so nice to have seat belts that retract as they should.
Finally wired in the Oem seat heater switches.
Replaced all the plastic bottles/reservoirs under the hood.
Ordered ls400 visors
Ordered a gentex mirror
Ordered wits end mirror arm

Need to wrap the steering wheel and shifter knobs

Forgot to add the 4” JBL two way speakers I installed in the dash to provide output from the icom ic7000
And 2 sets of image dynamics 6.5” components in all 4 doors

I know how superbly bombproof the SS white is, but how about bringing back the Disco :banana: yellow on this rig... just because... awesome?

No...the yellow just isn’t anonymous enough...I May plan on giving the truck a vinyl wrap though...

Minor update...
added a delta panhard bracket to the rear and also installed icon 2.5 remote reservoir shocks from their stage 3 kit.
interior wise I added a pioneer nex4400 touch screen head unit with CarPlay and all the other bells and whistles.
on the lift gate I added some of those cheap 12v led strips...2 white and 2 red with a 3 position switch so that I can select either color dependent on what and when I’m working with the trunk open.
On the rear I created a copy of the oem tag holder so that I had a decent l0lace to mount a back up camera.
AB000BB5-6511-42E2-BDE5-8A291EF038BA.jpeg

E6C91AF6-9F85-4A4F-9C71-4DCB1FBF34D2.jpeg

762FC3E1-0902-474C-A0E5-AA640FD56EE3.jpeg

next project will be the aux tank install that has been mocking me while sitting in my garage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom