Wrapping my LC in Satin White Pearl (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow....:eek: You two did a fantastic job on that wrap. I've seen some great wraps and some not so great wraps, and that is amazing. Love the color too

It looks awesome! I’ve seen plenty of “professional” wraps and yours has much more attention put into it. Great job!

Great job FX! I'll bet you've inspired quite a few folks to take this on now that they have seen it done. Now, what color to go with...

Great job FX! I'll bet you've inspired quite a few folks to take this on now that they have seen it done. Now, what color to go with...

I’m surprised not more 100s are wrapped, lord knows Toyota built great engines but paint, not their forte’.

I got some quotes around here, most of them are around 2200 bucks. UGH

Looks great though, nice work.

I got some quotes around here, most of them are around 2200 bucks. UGH

Looks great though, nice work.

That’s actually not bad if that’s Parts and Labor, given they use quality vinyl because materials alone will run you at least $500 for brand name ones. I was quoted at 3500 if it’s 2200 I’d pull the trigger.

That’s actually not bad if that’s Parts and Labor, given they use quality vinyl because materials alone will run you at least $500 for brand name ones. I was quoted at 3500 if it’s 2200 I’d pull the trigger.

Same in socal... no-hookup prices for vinyl wraps rival good quality paint job prices (same color, not change color).

Fixing the side trim and some trail rash infront of the rear wheel well. Took a pic as the sun was setting to show you guys what the pearl looks like, color is beautiful in person.

color shifts depending on the angle of the light. from white to an iridescent orange

37093541404_7f6fdbde65_h.jpg

37545171130_a768bed1de_h.jpg

The indentation of the lower tailgate is very hard to wrap, had to use a lot of heat to contour the shape of it without wrinkling.
37771547332_c5ba29626d_b.jpg

23950648788_1c467a07f4_h.jpg

Wrapping the whale tail, again, the shape and bends make life difficult for us

37755213486_fe10a61bcd_b.jpg

Everything is done, i'll put the truck together this saturday then i'll take some better photos with my DSLR.

That looks great, but incredibly tedious...

Fixing the side trim and some trail rash infront of the rear wheel well. Took a pic as the sun was setting to show you guys what the pearl looks like, color is beautiful in person.

color shifts depending on the angle of the light. from white to an iridescent orange

37093541404_7f6fdbde65_h.jpg

37545171130_a768bed1de_h.jpg

The indentation of the lower tailgate is very hard to wrap, had to use a lot of heat to contour the shape of it without wrinkling.
37771547332_c5ba29626d_b.jpg

23950648788_1c467a07f4_h.jpg

Wrapping the whale tail, again, the shape and bends make life difficult for us

37755213486_fe10a61bcd_b.jpg

Everything is done, i'll put the truck together this saturday then i'll take some better photos with my DSLR.

Nice! Why the tape on the side of the tailgate?

Did you spray the rear bumper? Or wrap it?

Last question - do you have a favorite YouTube video to watch on wrapping?

Nice! Why the tape on the side of the tailgate?

Did you spray the rear bumper? Or wrap it?

Last question - do you have a favorite YouTube video to watch on wrapping?

Oh the tape is there so i don't cut into the paint when i go to sand it down. The paint is really bad so i just decided to wetsand the surface to get it nice and smooth before applying the vinyl. CKwraps on facebook is good, he gives you detailed instructions on how to wrap.

Check this channel out.

That looks awesome! I’ve wrapped smaller items before (head/taillights, interior trim, etc.) but nothing big and never a while vehicle. You’ve got me interested in this for sure. Thanks for the progress details and links for information.

Anxious to see those final photos.

It’s all done, just waiting on the sliders now then I’ll take it to the mountain and do a proper photo shoot with a real camera. These cell phone pics suck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom