Builds Work In Progress aka: Badass (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last edited:
@cps432 i don’t think that will work. I think this is for a car that recognizes a hands free device. The 60 doesn’t give two hoots whether me and my iPhone are driving her or not.

How’s the underground living going? Amazing undertaking!

Thanks for asking! The good news is, I am getting a big consulting contract that starts in about two weeks, so work should start again on the house by the summer some time. Also, I spent the last two days planting 40+ Bur Oak trees on the hill above the house and on the road to the house.

Thanks for asking! The good news is, I am getting a big consulting contract that starts in about two weeks, so work should start again on the house by the summer some time. Also, I spent the last two days planting 40+ Bur Oak trees on the hill above the house and on the road to the house.
Huh. Why just Bur Oak?

Huh. Why just Bur Oak?

I bought them from the Arbor Day Foundation; they give you a huge price break if you buy 50 at a time; they can be any tree that they sell but all 50 have to be the same species. Bur Oaks are one of the nicest trees that will grow and thrive in alkali soil like we have. If I do that again, I will try to get Mexican Plums.

I bought them from the Arbor Day Foundation; they give you a huge price break if you buy 50 at a time; they can be any tree that they sell but all 50 have to be the same species. Bur Oaks are one of the nicest trees that will grow and thrive in alkali soil like we have. If I do that again, I will try to get Mexican Plums.
Gotcha. Lindens are a beautiful pollinator friendly tree. Not sure about soil needs but really a perfect all around medium sized tree.

Gotcha. Lindens are a beautiful pollinator friendly tree. Not sure about soil needs but really a perfect all around medium sized tree.

Thanks, I will look into them. Did I tell you that my wife is going to get bees this year? She's in the process of building a hive from a kit and educating herself. She found a semi-local (one county away) bee friend/mentor. So yeah, we are thinking more about plants with pollen that bees like. We have a good variety of vegetation, including a bunch of native Prarie Sumacs that bees like.

Linden is HUGE for bees. Honestly any tree is because it’s basically ACRES worth of pollen and nectar. Unless you plant acres worth of clover etc you’ll never be able to provide enough for them. Sadly my three hives succumbed to mites. I hadn’t treated. I don’t believe in that type of living but this round of bees this summer I prob will treat w/ at minimum oxalic acid vapor. I set up two swarm traps but doubt I’ll get any it’s just not something that easily happens in my area unless there are more keepers around that don’t do swarm control to their hives. I have two hives in order and will prob ruin myself and buy a third. Then I’ll split like a mad woman to make more colonies before fall to increase my chances of winter survival.

This is an AMAZING video about trees and pollinators.

Last edited:
Whaaaaa?! Think it works? How the heck does it come through my speakers? None of this voodoo magic makes sense to me.
Connect your phone to it via Bluetooth and then set the transmitter to a blank station on your stereo. You can use it to turn your old school stereo into a hands free talking device. You can stream Spotify or pandora or whatever on your phone and play it through the car stereo. You can also watch Otramm tutorials on your phone and have it play through the “badass” sound system while you’re driving.

I guess I should clarify that your stereo is set to FM and you find a dead fuzz station and set the Bluetooth device to that station.

Connect your phone to it via Bluetooth and then set the transmitter to a blank station on your stereo. You can use it to turn your old school stereo into a hands free talking device. You can stream Spotify or pandora or whatever on your phone and play it through the car stereo. You can also watch Otramm tutorials on your phone and have it play through the “badass” sound system while you’re driving.

I guess I should clarify that your stereo is set to FM and you find a dead fuzz station and set the Bluetooth device to that station.
Oh huh. That’s old school in digital wireless form. Weird voodoo magic like I said. What makes you think I want to watch Otramn videos? I’ve moved on!

Last edited:
hey felicity, you're light years ahead of this old fawker with that druid wizardry magic bull$h!t. you lost me at newer Iphone in post #3676.
how's the 60 working for you?
Trudging along. Gotta contend w/ some oil leaks this spring which I’m not thrilled about but overall she drives sweet.

New bees!

594BE219-089B-4248-89CF-95E85A6D1912.jpeg

5631CD74-74D3-4148-A85A-88503A84E114.jpeg

Hauled 11.5 buckets filled about 2-3 gallons high each (other than that huge bucket in corner) of rocks yesterday in the 60. Decided to build a garden out front of my house w/ a gabion retaining wall on its backside. Will seed it w/ native grasses and wildflowers for pollinators. Was a fun task tho very hard work. Put a stock 60 rad fan into the design and some colored glass bottles. Planning on rolling over or trimming the top section of wire above the height of the posts.
Who knows if it’ll work. Gonna edge the front w/ logs and cross my fingers. Front area there tends to not grow grass well due to it being very barren dry soil and the fact the oak tends to shade that area. Ignore the other sections of leaves... had thought about putting in more sections of garden there too but loosing steam quickly w/ all the other tasks I need to get moving when I have free time.

9F1F60F0-A430-46A6-89BC-E758D2B8C8A8.jpeg

51557FAF-A2FE-43E3-AD5B-FA83104A0371.jpeg

1FB55300-7800-4EF7-96DC-E9A1ABFCEDFB.jpeg

E7720DDB-5107-455D-8FBD-5E23EF1450DF.jpeg

C939D04A-A9B5-412E-B541-5FF47E5E42EA.jpeg

8E7B7880-D369-45B3-B3F7-4BA102D56343.jpeg

Last edited:
Went for a drive to potentially pickup another service cart but passed on it as it’s horizontal pieces were galvanized. Did tho find a monster sledge to use as an anvil for $5. (My old scale says it’s about 20#’s). Sellers sons super nice ‘88 Toyota w/ 74k miles from NC.
Found a new place to hike on the Quinebaug River near where we stopped for the purchase. Truck def looks nice.

93ED0E8A-D331-48A4-8518-513A0D4EA7CA.jpeg

631489DF-48FC-4ED2-BD9B-59A0935727AB.jpeg

FE1F177B-4595-4FB2-84D2-0E4EC003559B.jpeg

CEFF4226-0368-4A50-BD8C-6593C7A3C653.jpeg

0BC7E070-FFEE-4D4A-9B36-2FA2DEB5EF53.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, one thing to be said about your part of the country - there's a lot of water. The Rio Grande, which is about seven miles from my house as the crow flies, doesn't have that much water.

Well, one thing to be said about your part of the country - there's a lot of water. The Rio Grande, which is about seven miles from my house as the crow flies, doesn't have that much water.
True to that for now! In a few months the level will be much lower more than likely.. esp if we have another drought like last summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom