Builds Work In Progress aka: Badass (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Curious, is that truck produced in Fremont, Calif ? (VIN)
Not sure. Can’t think what the cat sticker said. Vin is definitely 4TAN........ something or other. I was checking the recalls, if any, were open on it last night. I think the frame was done cuz it didn’t come up.

It's most likely a NUMMI truck which is nice because it's Japanese drivetrain and rest of it is GM. I have a NUMMI Corolla (Prizm) and it means parts are available pretty much anywhere and cheap(er). As you get more familiar with the truck you'll find the same parts in a Toyota Box as in the GM box but GM will be 20-30% cheaper.

Those dogs are happy to have Sun and a new truck!

I wish I felt better in this all out Armageddon world we have now...
LPN in a long term care facility. We are very nervous. It’s a slow roll in. I have a friend who I was in school from elementary and up who is an Infectious Disease doctor in NYC. And her updates on Facebook daily are intense to say the least.
If you were one that chose to buy up hoards of N95’s donate them NOW. We are REUSING these s***ty paper/charcoal embedded masks daily and stringing them up before we leave after our shifts, indefinitely.
I loath this new life.

9F5D5CBD-CE36-47D4-897C-F975F84D7097.jpeg

0E9B7A17-09BB-4FB8-91D0-57246A12C5C2.jpeg

A3A6E837-0EFB-41D2-BA93-1D44E5C4B3C1.jpeg

If you were one that chose to buy up hoards of N95’s donate them NOW.
Sorry, wish I could help. Normally there would be half a box or so of N95 masks for construction use around somewhere , but all I have been able to find is one new one for the wife, and an old dirty used one for me. I will call around and see if any of my local guys have any. You and your co-workers sure need them worse than us construction trash.

Thank you for what you do and all the people you help Felicity. Please be safe.
What Robert said X2. Unless I get lucky with masks, good wishes is all I have to offer. I know you are tough and resourceful enough to keep that MF back 6 feet, so hang in here.

Waiting on supplies from my wife's union to sew up some DIY masks using cut up HVAC filters, to donate. If they come in I'll contact you to mail you some.
I just put in an order of a bunch of hepa material too (up to 5 microns). I didn’t want to fall into that arena but it seems the homemade masks might be a no choice at this point.

Ran out today for sterile seed starter soil and as I backed up the pickup to park the truck was making some ugly noises. I knew right away... the passenger shock mount pushed through the frame. 🤣
Whoops! Still went for a quick drive to walk the dogs then pulled it and drive to work later. Who needs a shock on a little pickup like that anyhow?
And then work... @Saucerman, I’m saving those n95’s till I really need them. Thank you! No positives yet at my work but a bunch swabbed and awaiting results.

E4980A5F-FFDD-4C4D-8176-04808547518B.jpeg

031239DD-5E32-40F4-8C14-8ECC6F0CBA46.jpeg

018FB17B-C400-4058-9D48-AF4790CA5E0D.jpeg

9E796476-3C53-4032-9C0B-FA49BA415747.jpeg

C55AE249-DC76-4808-846A-DAC7ED1C6F77.jpeg

60 cab will be temporary daytime greenhouse for herbs to germinate. :)

3F27BE32-A359-400F-8709-CC80770B7FEB.jpeg

612B0056-9C96-4287-BB60-ACAEF3D7829D.jpeg

Not too overworked but definitely fed up w/ the covid crap. Still all residents negative at my place. Frustrated and done w/ all of it. More concerned w/ the loss of jobs, businesses and complete dependency the govt is forcing on all of us.
And yes truck is just sitting. I’m off Sat and Sun this weekend and guilt is on me to get my ass moving.... always other chores get in my way. I now have two new bee colonies that I adore spending time inspecting (eggs in comb in photo), gardens begun and more to start, clover lawn to water, Tacoma needs u-joints, a new passenger shock mount reattached to the frame after the frame is repaired, belts....
and then my fat misogynistic neighbor called the fire department on me tonight because I had a fire in my pit this late afternoon... what he didn’t realize was I literally had hotdogs on marshmallow sticks and the cute fire department guys had to walk away from me and my not quite 7 year old sons campfire dinner. I was so angry I yelled to the old lady next door when she asked if I was okay ‘yeah I’m fine but that a****** next door apparently must be jealous that this hotdog is bigger than his dick!’

Sometimes I just need to go for a walk w/ a friend to clear my head from all this planned political bull**** maddness.

EABF24CF-3E02-4621-9FE7-D9E49163DFA2.jpeg

97E13D1A-4D4F-4435-8554-C5FAE6FF5342.jpeg

cure.jpg

Not a doctor but something a nurse like you who works with doctors might want to research.

Why HCQ is being kept from the public is another question altogether.

Last edited:
View attachment 2306979

Not a doctor but something a nurse like you who works with doctors might want to research.

Why HCQ is being kept from the public is another question altogether.
Amazingly I might say that trump was right and his sidekick whose in kahoots w/ Gates are trying to keep a real cure FROM the public. Did you see that female doc in TX who prescribed it to a few of her sick pts and they actually got better and then the pharmacy’s started questioning her and she had to fudge the diagnosis’s she’d written? Well,
not sure about you but I’m beginning to lean on the distrust side and I’m feeling some big feelings that lots of medical professionals aren’t allowed to be feeling.
I take 3000 of vitamin C daily, 10,000 of A and 5000 of D daily. I’ve not gone the zinc route cuz I’m worried it will tweak out my gut but I know others that do take it. I was super sick in late Nov early Dec, lost my sense of taste for well over a week and soon everyone was sick at work, staff and residents. We even had two sudden deaths. I even had my doc give me an rx for a zpack which didn’t do much. I don’t do flu shots and didbt have her swab me. I went for antibody bloodwork over a week ago but it came back negative... probably was wrong. What I hear is they are only 90% correct. And they tested all the residents at my place, 100 in total, and ALL were negative. I swear I think most of the long termers and staff are immune. Who knows but I do feel big time it’s just a big fing scam.
So after work today I tore down what I’d done of the engine months ago. Cleaned everything up w/ none lint cloths and while I eat I’ll research using the thrust bearing dial gauge. Will reassemble w/ permatex red goo. Off Sat and Sun. Hope to get some stuff finally done inbetween getting my garden put in...

B838D716-D153-464B-9D48-7B96B69B22C3.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom