Woolwax (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dianna

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi guys, I googled Woolwax vs Fluid film and was directed to a thread here at Mud in the 80-series. I don't play over there, so hadn't seen it, so I thought for others, I'd share the information here. I don't drive my 40 in the winter here in NE Ohio, but I have seen what just one winter did to my 14 4Runner and have used rust converter and fluid film to battle the corrosion. Bob is offering a decent discount using the code "IH8Mud" on his website. I'll copy and paste his post below: I just ordered a 5 gallon bucket. Unfortunately, I'm a little behind this year in getting my junk protected, but glad I saw this instead of using the Fluid Film aerosol, as I have done in the past. I'll update after it arrives, and after I get it sprayed. I ordered the black option for $20 more, with the 18" wand.

Hello. I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Bob from Kellsport Products. I checked with the admin before posting here to make sure that I was not breaking any rules. If I can answer any questions about Woolwax®, please let me know. Also, if you do plan on ordering , there is a promotion code right now. for forum members. Use "IH8MUD" at checkout. www.kellsportproducts.com

Fluid Film® and Woolwax® are very similar products, with a few differences.
  • Both made from woolgrease (lanolin) which is an excellent corrosion inhibitor & Lubricant.
  • Both solvent free, safe, non-hazardous, environmentally friendly.
  • Woolwax® has a proprietary process to remove the woolgrease smell which some people do not care for.
  • Woolwax® is formulated to be more viscous (thicker) than Fluid Film®, thereby being more resistant to road-wash. Woolwax® may need to be warmed up in front of a floor heater in cold weather before applying.
  • Both products can be easily sprayed with the "PRO" Undercoating Gun.
We sell both Fluid Film® and Woolwax®, and both are great products. Woolwax® is geared more towards the industrial user, professional undercoaters, or users in areas with heavy amounts of road slush that may want a slightly thicker product for more resistance to wash-off with very little noticeable smell.

Thanks very much !

I put Fluid film on my Toyota mini
And am pleased with the result’s
That I have experienced. I did put on a little thicker on the areas mentioned. I have recommended it to many of my friends also. Last thought why did it take me so long to find this great product.

Ohio + Land Cruiser =

ACAA08E6-BB5B-42A2-A6C0-7F4AC89B02BA.jpeg

47, Check out the Woolwax then, it's supposed to be a bit thicker than FF. Wait, looking at your sig, you're in Cali. Do you even know what rust looks like?

Not sure about CA but in AZ any highway maintained by the state is salted if it gets snow. I solve the problem by not driving any LC on salted road in the winter time. I sure the rust would still be nothing like Ohio I would still do what I could to prevent rust I did have to drive on salted roads.

Not sure about CA but in AZ any highway maintained by the state is salted if it gets snow. I solve the problem by not driving any LC on salted road in the winter time. I sure the rust would still be nothing like Ohio I would still do what I could to prevent rust I did have to drive on salted roads.

OH has switched to liquid brine and pretreats before every storm. It gets everywhere. It’s not worth it to drive anything that you care about from late October to April. The woolwax looks like pretty decent stuff.

B2848DC6-4811-4A91-A183-AC5718F5BFB9.jpeg

The runny nature of Fluid Film is likely a blessing and a curse. I like the idea of a thicker/more viscous version of Fluid Film. Nothing wrong at all with a rustproofing compound you have to heat a bit, first.

OH has switched to liquid brine and pretreats before every storm. It gets everywhere. It’s not worth it to drive anything that you care about from late October to April. The woolwax looks like pretty decent stuff.

View attachment 2139546

Sounds like the same crap AZ uses. I once seen a highway turn white at the spot they sprayed it down ahead of a storm that fizzled. All our snow is based on elevation. It was at the base of the hill that started. Turned a corner and highway was turned white. Really a shame as our temperatures even in the high country can be in the fifties just a couple of days after a storm. I-40 is used to test different types of pavement because it thaws and freezes daily which it was damages the road. Really no need to uses anything other than cinders like they did years age. Do a decent job of plowing and two days later you have dry roads.

I haven't had the Woolwax on that long, but after flushing the transmission in my Tacoma this weekend, I can assure you that it is still on there pretty thick. I can also tell you that it will end up all over you, including in your hair, when you work on anything under the vehicle!

Sounds like the same crap AZ uses. I once seen a highway turn white at the spot they sprayed it down ahead of a storm that fizzled. All our snow is based on elevation. It was at the base of the hill that started. Turned a corner and highway was turned white. Really a shame as our temperatures even in the high country can be in the fifties just a couple of days after a storm. I-40 is used to test different types of pavement because it thaws and freezes daily which it was damages the road. Really no need to uses anything other than cinders like they did years age. Do a decent job of plowing and two days later you have dry roads.
I flew from Phoenix to Seattle early morning on December 26th, the elevation effect was pretty obvious. Your place up north looked liked it had been dumped on pretty good recently. Hijack over.

I park my '86 FJ60 for the winter here in the mountains of northern New Mexico. My '84 was hit hard by the salty roads over a period of many years, so I'm not taking any chances. I drive my '76 FJ40 in the winter, it's already been affected by the salt and will eventually be replaced by my '71 FJ40. Of course, then I won't be able to drive any of my Land Cruisers in the winter. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom