Builds Woodrow, the 60 - Tilda Bogue Service Station (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trail Tailor skirts ✔️ New Speedo Cable ✔️ Four Runner battery cables ✔️

Sniper fired up perfect. Adjusted the timing and the IAC and added the air cleaner back

538D7BE6-BB5E-449A-A7FA-4B4E7D753337.jpeg

BA5D1120-6E3E-4DC1-9AF8-B122D9A848FD.jpeg

BEC6E333-1F01-4839-B547-8B0BDB2249E5.jpeg

10FB7FB5-0ABA-484B-9662-96038F0EB765.jpeg

Met @ace7141 and his family at the drop and smashed another Neon Pig Smashburger. Back home. Hope not too many parts fell off of it today @wickwest

Enjoy.

Just a bit over a year ago I sent this one home and then I went and picked it up yesterday.
Got my burger fix at the Neon Pig
2EB943F3-09EB-49F5-BE31-9A2968144A4A.jpeg

Got a good list of upgrades and maintenance items that have popped up over the last year.

When I did the Sniper last year I did not touch anything under the hood but just a valve job, desmog and Sniper.

This time it’s getting all the accessories replaced. Belts. Hoses. Leaks fixes.

Going where I’m going requires going all the way deep so the radiator and all has to come out
IMG_6217.jpeg

This motor was rebuilt and you can always tell when someone that does not do many 2Fs builds the motors. When the timing gear cover leaks when the engine is running it’s dollars to donuts that the builder put the cover bolts in the wrong order
IMG_6218.jpeg

You need to figure out which spots use the shorts and which the longs. Otherwise the cover won’t snug.
IMG_6219.jpeg

This is the order they came out
IMG_6220.jpeg

This is the proper way to go back in

IMG_6221.jpeg

When the motor was rebuilt they eliminated the oil cooler (my preference) and Chad asked me to remove the rear heater.

This truck was still rocking the original heater hoses. Absolutely the most complicated bunch of garbage. Still had the original twist/pin style clamps.

Crazy. So many hoses gone.

IMG_6225.jpeg

IMG_6226.jpeg

Last edited:
Chad said he was hearing some exhaust noise. Sure enough there is some exhaust soot under the carb isolator.

At this point we had not discussed a header.

I’m going to try to separate the stock intake and the downpipe from the exhaust manifold tomorrow. If I can’t get it apart without breaking bolts I’ll have to get a header inbound Monday.

Note the crappy fram exhaust gasket.

Remflex or go home.

IMG_6227.jpeg

When the motor was rebuilt they eliminated the oil cooler (my preference) and Chad asked me to remove the rear heater.

This truck was still rocking the original heater hoses. Absolutely the most complicated bunch of garbage. Still had the original twist/pin style clamps.

Crazy. So many hoses gone.

View attachment 3496988

View attachment 3497003
When you delete the oil cooler, do you just plug the two holes in the block with bolts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom