Window moulding belt clips - part number ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone point me in the right direction for the part number and availability of the plastic belt clip for the exterior window molding? I have some good used molding strips that I want to install and the clips are broken. I have searched everywhere I know, all I can find is the whole strip with clips attached.

This is an expensive hobby. It always has been.

This is an expensive hobby. It always has been.
I am amused by the complaints here on Mud about how much money an 80 costs to acquire, refurbish, maintain, feed, and modify. Landcruiser's have always been among the most expensive 4x4's ever mass produced. Why do people think that legacy will ever change? I have considered selling my 80 and buying a 4Runner that's been set up already for the trails we have here in NorCal because they are cheaper to own and have greater after market support but I haven't been able to bring myself to do it simply because they are so cliche. We are paying to drive an icon and that's the bottom line.

Eh... I've restored all kinds of stuff over the years, from 55-57 Chevys to 69 Camaros, Jeeps and several Land Cruisers. They all have their costly items. In comparison, I replaced my 2007 Tundra's belt moldings last year, they were $13-14 ea, so yeah $70ish is a good bit higher than the 80 but then again it's 16 years older too.

It's always the little stuff that eats your lunch on these kinds of restos. One can always just go purchase a new LC for $90,000.00 if these old Cruisers are too rich for their blood. : )

I have never understood the complaint about the cost of parts for an 80. On my 92 I have only replaced one "part", due to failure, twice. The radiator. And that wasn't a Toyota OEM part. It was a CSF.

25 years and never replaced anything twice (besides the radiator). Who cares that things cost a little bit more?!

Well.. in this particular case we are restoring a mess. Was sitting in field for a year+, was driven by a college girl and it led a pretty hard life. Very little, if any maintenance was done, it's a real testament that the 3FE went 236k before giving up. While we aren't doing a rotisserie resto it's getting some new interior, not all, new paint, new engine/trans, aluminum radiator, resealing the tcase, regear and rebuild the axels/birfs, suspension, wheels and tires.... so yeah, not a cheap endeavor but FAR cheaper than a new one and we kept another 80 from going to the crusher. That has to be worth something.....

And when you are finished it still won't be able to get out of it's own way or pass a gas station......:lol:

And when you are finished it still won't be able to get out of it's own way or pass a gas station......:lol:

You say that like this is a bad thing!

Well.. in this particular case we are restoring a mess. Was sitting in field for a year+, was driven by a college girl and it led a pretty hard life. Very little, if any maintenance was done, it's a real testament that the 3FE went 236k before giving up. While we aren't doing a rotisserie resto it's getting some new interior, not all, new paint, new engine/trans, aluminum radiator, resealing the tcase, regear and rebuild the axels/birfs, suspension, wheels and tires.... so yeah, not a cheap endeavor but FAR cheaper than a new one and we kept another 80 from going to the crusher. That has to be worth something.....

Realistically none of that had been replaced before on a 25 year old vehicle with 236k.

I would say the life cycle cost for an 80 Series and it's parts is one of the lowest in the car world. To me, initial cost is irrelevant. Life cycle cost is all that matters.

Realistically none of that had been replaced before on a 25 year old vehicle with 236k.

I would say the life cycle cost for an 80 Series and it's parts is one of the lowest in the car world. To me, initial cost is irrelevant. Life cycle cost is all that matters.

But the life-cycle of most OTHER vehicles has expired BEFORE the 25 year change-of-life-cycle...........

With a little work, we can resurrect these for another life cycle for a fraction of the replacement cost. We just get to keep the old technology.

Ordering all new belt moulding and was wondering if anyone knows if these are the correct part numbers? I’m finding different part numbers for right and left doors, whereas the post above suggests the same part number can be used for both.

Front right 75710-60021
Front left 75720-60021
Rear right 75730-60020
Rear left 75740-60020
Cargo area (long window) right 75560-60020
Cargo area left 75670-60020

Thanks

Ordering all new belt moulding and was wondering if anyone knows if these are the correct part numbers? I’m finding different part numbers for right and left doors, whereas the post above suggests the same part number can be used for both.

Front right 75710-60021
Front left 75720-60021
Rear right 75730-60020
Rear left 75740-60020
Cargo area (long window) right 75560-60020
Cargo area left 75670-60020

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom