Who wants to go to Death Valley this fall/ winter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

February is a crapshoot, weatherwise. Plans could change on a 48 hour forecast. Have you read my essay on recreation?

I have received three positive soundings from the tribe about February so far. And one forward about a second gathering in April, after spring break. Of course, after any significant winter precip, we get a super-bloom…and super BUG 😱

Also interested heading back to DV or MR.

I think I'm gonna try and shoot for late March / early April.

I could make it happen. I just got some fancy new tires.
Cool, I'll keep you posted.

You ever get a lift? Or are we literally gonna have to drag you? :p

Nah, j/k, most trails there you can do with a stock 80. Mengal pass though could be tricky, if that's in the plan.

Mengel can be done in a stock 80.

No really, just need a date and place to meet up.
Need to get out and would Like to meet you all 😉
I need a date too, but let's not think of it as a "date", let's just think of it as "guys hanging out", ok?

Seriously though, I'm looking at window between 3/28 and 4/8 if that helps.

Cool, I'll keep you posted.

You ever get a lift? Or are we literally gonna have to drag you? :p

Nah, j/k, most trails there you can do with a stock 80. Mengal pass though could be tricky, if that's in the plan.

My new tires are 32s. Does that count? I'll put the spare on the roof and have massive departure angle.

My new tires are 32s. Does that count? I'll put the spare on the roof and have massive departure angle.
I think you'll be fine. My first time on Mengel pass I was in my old pickup on 29's. I didn't hit anything, but I probably also spent a good hour stacking rocks.

Last edited:
The guy at 6:30, lol

Glad to see so much enthusiasm. How do we close in on dates?

How do we close in on dates?
Good question. I'm thinking of spending the majority of the two weeks in & around DV.

I can't drive the long distances like I used to so a loose schedule works best for me.

I would probably leave the East Bay on Sunday 3/27 and, going the southern route through Bakersfield, I imagine I'd get as far as Jawbone before needing to stop for the night. Ridgecest might be a stretch.

If going the northern route (Hwy 88 for me) I might stop in Mammoth or maybe Bishop.

Just throwing out some thoughts.

I’m interested and should be able to make those dates work. I cant do the whole week but can string 5 or 6 days together.

I’m interested and should be able to make those dates work. I cant do the whole week but can string 5 or 6 days together.
Same here, I could stretch it to 7 but after that I might end up sleeping in the garage for a while unless my wife comes with me.;):rofl:

My family may or may not come. For me it would be that second week in April.

Apparently we’re spending my birthday week (3/14) camping on the coast.

:cool:

Which means I might have the following week to do some other stuff…

:hmm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom