Who wants to go to Death Valley this fall/ winter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My family may or may not come. For me it would be that second week in April.
Hey, just wanted to be clear, out of the dates I posted above, the second of those 2 weeks is actually the first week of April. Is that the week that works best for you?

@surfpig Are you familiar with Greenwater valley? There's supposed to be some petroglyphs out there, it's about the only road in the park I haven't driven.

@surfpig Are you familiar with Greenwater valley? There's supposed to be some petroglyphs out there, it's about the only road in the park I haven't driven.
I have not been to that area...

I've been in that way once. Very high speed nice wide gravel road. Saw very little places next to the road for petroglyphs, but there certainly could be lots a little farther off the road.

I've been in that way once. Very high speed nice wide gravel road. Saw very little places next to the road for petroglyphs, but there certainly could be lots a little farther off the road.
You usually have to get up into the canyons for that.

Hey, just wanted to be clear, out of the dates I posted above, the second of those 2 weeks is actually the first week of April. Is that the week that works best for you?
Yep, I just got approved for the 4th-8th off. I might be able to take the prior Friday off too. It’s on!

Yep, I just got approved for the 4th-8th off. I might be able to take the prior Friday off too. It’s on!
Awesome! Good to hear.

I'm good for the prior friday too if you think you can swing it.

Any must-sees this trip?

Awesome! Good to hear.

I'm good for the prior friday too if you think you can swing it.

Any must-sees this trip?
Nothing I have to see this trip. Wouldn’t mind checking out Marble Canyon or anything I missed last time when I bailed during the sandstorm. I’d love to spend more time in butte valley. Titus is always on my list if we are near. But I’m wide open. Just need me some desert!

Gold VAlley is cool off of greenwater
This has been on my list for a long time. I'd like to check out Willow spring and hopefully catch the Desert Gold in bloom.

Last edited:
Nothing I have to see this trip. Wouldn’t mind checking out Marble Canyon or anything I missed last time when I bailed during the sandstorm. I’d love to spend more time in butte valley. Titus is always on my list if we are near. But I’m wide open. Just need me some desert!
Marble canyon is certainly a DV must-see, and there's lots to check out in Butte Valley. Hiking the top of Striped Butte is definitely worth the effort.

Looking forward to this run !

Marble canyon is certainly a DV must-see, and there's lots to check out in Butte Valley. Hiking the top of Striped Butte is definitely worth the effort.
YUP
DVposer29.jpg

Ok, it looks like the official plan is for the 1st week of April (4/2 thru 4/10).

So who all is on board?
@SIZZLE for sure.
@TYM4FUN for sure.
@vipergrhd for sure.
@Fast Eddy "Hmm"
@Broski for sure.

And what about @workingdog ? This is your thread, I don't want to hijack.

I don't have any particular route planned yet, but I'm thinking we could start with Goler wash -> Mengel pass -> Butte valley since that's always a good way to kick off a DV trip, and a good initiation for first timers.

Since the first day will be a travel day for us up north, that would make the ghost town of Ballarat our launch point on Sunday 4/3, and also the last chance for any stragglers to meet up.

I'm pretty flexible, so let me know what works for you. Looking forward to this!

Last edited:
I really don't care which trails or route you guys want to take I'm just happy to hit the road and get some air, our last trip took us 5 days and it was a blast.
Let me know if these dates are final I just don't want to file for leave and make changes I can make last minute notice at work anyways and there is always time to make plans on what trails to hit once we get closer. I'm packed already just need to buy food and load up, are we there yet?:cheers::steer:

Oh yeah I'm in for sure. @workingdog You started this you need to be on this trip man and no excuses.:beer:

Last edited:
Count me in.
Those dates work for me. and I’m flexible
I’m a follow a long guy so what ever route you guys come up with is fine with me.
Looking forward to meeting you guys.

I really don't care which trails or route you guys want to take I'm just happy to hit the road and get some air, our last trip took us 5 days and it was a blast.
Let me know if these dates are final I just don't want to file for leave and make changes I can make last minute notice at work anyways and there is always time to make plans on what trails to hit once we get closer. I'm packed already just need to buy food and load up, are we there yet?:cheers::steer:
Right on, good to hear! Yeah, I'm gonna consider the dates final. I've already done some shopping/organizing/packing too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom