Who makes a decent PS box bracket? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have a good link to some power steering box mounts for saginaw? Not sure if i want to buy one, or make my own.

Hi All:

You can use the one from JT Outfitters, but have someone re-weld the nut that retains the tensioner bolt - these come from JTO's fab guy with just one "booger weld" holding the nut in place. I've seen this booger weld fail on three different JTO Saginaw PS pump brackets.

Even better, buy the similar (probably original design) from Gary Kardum, aka "Mudrak Custom Cruisers." <www.mudrak.com>

Regards,

Alan

He asking about mountw for the box, not the pump.

Downy's mount SUCKS!

The BTB mount is nice. Simple, clean and locates the box very nicely. There's probably other just like it, but their's is the one I've seen. Easy to make yourself.

Mark...

Classic Cruisers has a nice one (I use it). They show a kit but they do sell individual components. They have a bracket to mount the pump to the front two driver side headbolts and a bracket to mount the pump where the smog pump mounted. They also have a kit that lets you use the waterpump pulley on the powersteering pump which will let you use Toyota 17mm wide belts.
Classic Cruisers

orangefj45 has the one you want.
trust me, fc187 used it on his recent build and it is a tried and true design.
don't waste your time with any other.

downey off road has a good price. im using their mount. check em out

kurt at cruiseroufitters probably the the best price in town.

4x4labs has a sick looking kit though

Dudes-Our very own moderator, Poser, makes one that is worthy of consideration. I have used that style, that I got from Warden's and it worked great. Send him a PM. His price is very competitive.

On my recent build, I used 4x4 Labs since they are local to me. It is a more complicated mount, but it makes for a very clean set up once installed. There is a lot more grinding and fitting, but it comes with the plate, and the 3 other frame re-enforcement plates to beef up the front end. It is super nice and elegant, but significantly more expensive than other options.

If anyone wants my old Warden Plate-you can have it if you take the frame away that it is attached to...:D

Thanks for the feedback! Takes a lot of the guess work out of the equation. Gonna have to try Poser first.

Man........... you make nice stuff,:cheers:

thanks! :beer:

this is the rig peesalot is talkin bout...
mypsplate1.jpg

hey fc187 you do some sick work....i checked out your page and your stuff looks awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom