Who has dynoed ther Supercharged FZJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RFB

97 FZJ80 LIFTED SC DUAL BATTERIES,37s
Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
I have seen it done, and I want to know what numbers were pulled.

Joey did his today. On an all wheel dynojet the TRD SC pulled 155awhp and 238ft/lbs of torque.

Edit - Cyclosteve did his in 2009 and saw 168awhp and 212ft/lbs.

Edit - Slee did it in 2006 and 167awhp and 240ft/lbs on a truck with 4.88's

the slee numbers and one slightly better are what i saw.

Joey did his today. On an all wheel dynojet the TRD SC pulled 155awhp and 238ft/lbs of torque.

Edit - Cyclosteve did his in 2009 and saw 168awhp and 212ft/lbs.

Edit - Slee did it in 2006 and 167awhp and 240ft/lbs on a truck with 4.88's

LOL @ 1FZ

Don't blame the 1fz, blame the heavy-ass drivetrain and AWD. Hook up the 1fz to a r150 2WD and an 8" axle, and I bet you'd see the power jump by 40%.

Don't blame the 1fz, blame the heavy-ass drivetrain and AWD. Hook up the 1fz to a r150 2WD and an 8" axle, and I bet you'd see the power jump by 40%.
I doubt the 9.5 robs any more power than the 8

Are you saying that Joey's SC'd truck isn't setup correctly? ha
You have to compare apples to apples here. Every dyno is different so other peoples numbers don't really mean squat. Fact is the turbo kit will out perform a SC in every aspect except off the line. And it will get better mileage doing it. A supercharger will spool up better off road whereas the turbo won't get much action most of the time.

Some food for thought...

Data on M90 Supercharger and pulley size

Pulley Size Max Boost Max Horsepower@4350 rpm* Max Torque@3350 rpm*

Pulley -- Boost -- HP -- Torque (*at crank)

2 -- 12.5 / 358 / 434

2.2 -- 11.5 / 347 / 422

2.4 -- 10.5 / /335 / 410

2.6 -- 9.5 / 323 / 399

2.8 -- 8.5 / 311 / 387

3 -- 7.5 / 299 / 375

3.2 -- 6.5 / 288 / 363

FAQ (Bell Intercoolers)

Q: What ranges of pressure loss can be expected? And what is acceptable?

For good solid performance, the pressure loss across the intercooler ought to be kept to less than 1.0 to 1.5 psi. If any pressure in excess of 4 psi is measured, then the intercooler is not suited for the job and certainly harming the performance.

Wits end turbo kit info (for comparison)

Blue and red springs in waste gate (7.25psi)

Dyno #s -- HP (awhp) / Torque ft/lbs

Stock -- 121 / 170

TRD SC -- 155 / 238 (3.25 pulley)

Wits End TC -- 214 / 277

* The drive train cannot be 100% efficient in transferring crank HP to wheel HP. Automatic transmissions can result in 15-20% efficiency loss alone. Therefore crank HP is a fine number, but wheel HP is a more real number; as it is the actual power making it to the wheels

Last edited:
The only even remotely close to meaningful numbers would be based off of same dyno usage (Ala the most recent stuff from wits end) however given the tests are not the same vehicle its not apples to apples but as close as I suspect anyone will get.

Fwiw I'm not surprised with the poor performance delta with the SC as I've back to back tested the TRD units on 3rd gen 4runners several times and even same day and the gains were never stellar!

I swapped out my Super charger pulley from the stock 3.25 to a 3.0 and went for a test run on a long hill at 7% grade.
70+ mph,
6 PSI of boost
3400 rpm
AFR's were at 11.4
EGT's at around 1575 degrees.

The only thing holding me back was my EGT's don't like getting close to 1600 degrees, even though from what I have read 1600 is considered safe.
Keep in mind my rig weighs in at 7k..

**I am running a Bell Water to Air Intercooler that is dropping my boost by about a pound, I may go to the 2.8 pulley and make up the loss.

Are you saying that Joey's SC'd truck isn't setup correctly? ha
You have to compare apples to apples here. Every dyno is different so other peoples numbers don't really mean squat. Fact is the turbo kit will out perform a SC in every aspect except off the line. And it will get better mileage doing it. A supercharger will spool up better off road whereas the turbo won't get much action most of the time.

Actually...found two boost leaks so the tech (and Ryan) said to add about 7% to my number, which I did not! My SC numbers are what the dyno spit out.

The only even remotely close to meaningful numbers would be based off of same dyno usage (Ala the most recent stuff from wits end) however given the tests are not the same vehicle its not apples to apples but as close as I suspect anyone will get.

Every attempt was made 😞

Oh and the compression numbers for the stock truck and turbo truck were damn near identical. Both were 200k stock engines.

I know that having just tested my setup yesterday, that I am quite happy with the performance I am getting.. seriously considering that 2.8 pulley.. but I dont believe it is necessary for what I do with my rig.. its not a race truck after all..

Reactions: RFB
Every attempt was made 😞

Oh and the compression numbers for the stock truck and turbo truck were damn near identical. Both were 200k stock engines.

It's a large undertaking and expense my hat's off to you for doing what you've done, I highly doubt anyone's going to attempt testing all three setup's on the same rig and dyno, while cool that's a ton of work lol

It's a large undertaking and expense my hat's off to you for doing what you've done, I highly doubt anyone's going to attempt testing all three setup's on the same rig and dyno, while cool that's a ton of work lol

It’s just not reasonable on a vehicle that is THIS nichey. I’m comfortable in thinking I’ve gone above and beyond on this 😜

It’s just not reasonable on a vehicle that is THIS nichey. I’m comfortable in thinking I’ve gone above and beyond on this 😜

I totally agree! Let's face it for the SC guy's a 20%+ gain from something you can bolt on is really hardly poor as I wrote above it just sort of appears that way when you read the next set of numbers (your turbo kit) lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom