Who does Chrome work (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

they're a place here i Harrisburg i was going to get to do the rear struts on mine.
kinda of spendy i thought, but never had chrome work done before so i don't really know if they are expensive or not.

Librandi's is the name.

Last edited:
@kevos37 mentioned a place in his rebuild thread he used recently, and the quality looked good.

I just heard that most shops now ship your stuff to Mexico where the enviro regulations are lax. Kinda makes sense.

I thought I would change up and try a plater that sends your items to mexico. The results were mediocre to say the least.

The place that I suggested (Art Brass Plating in Seattle) does all of their plating work in house.
I have seen the inner workings of their facility. They also do powerdercoating...

I just heard that most shops now ship your stuff to Mexico where the enviro regulations are lax. Kinda makes sense.

When trying to get the rear bumpers plated on a 65 Corvette I was told there was no place in the US that could match the 60's and earlier chrome because the EPA has ban the chemicals they used then. They would need to be sent to Mexico.

The shop I have taken it to mainly dealt with bumpers and he may do a fine job with those but when it came to detail work that's where we at the problem. If you can believe it when I got the parts back they weren't properly chromed and he stated I should have asked for Show Chrome. Last time I will do business there.

Wherever you go ask about their process. Copper, nickel, chrome will give you a finish that'll outlast the rest of the rig.

Last edited:
What about Pauls Chrome? They are always talking about them on the tv show My Classic Car. Pretty sure they do all their own work here in the USA

bringing this thread back from the archives, anybody have any reputable chrome suggestions, I'm in south Texas but willing to ship just about anywhere if the workmanship is proven.

I'm wanting to get the rear hatch door struts and handle freshened up.

Thanks,

bringing this thread back from the archives, anybody have any reputable chrome suggestions, I'm in south Texas but willing to ship just about anywhere if the workmanship is proven.

I'm wanting to get the rear hatch door struts and handle freshened up.

Thanks,

I have used this company. When you go there, he does a lot of chrome for people who are stuck in places like California and even overseas.

I have used this company. When you go there, he does a lot of chrome for people who are stuck in places like California and even overseas.

Thanks for the info, I’ll reach out to them tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom