Builds What's a Parts Guy to Do?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dude - if we don't see one of these puppies hanging off the back of your shiny new H55, I will personally revoke your "Parts Guy" card :D

I believe that plan is in the works, and chicks dig shiny stuff.

I believe that plan is in the works, and chicks dig shiny stuff.

:hmm:

I have a wedding anniversary next week. Maybe I should buy my wife a new split case :grinpimp:

The plan indeed is to put the new case in with new input gear, flanges, etc.

Anyone need an H42/split case combo?

:)

The anchor in my boat is getting a bit worn.......:lol:

I'll take the split case if you don't want it! H42=anchor for Cruiserdan's boat

Small, but substantial update:

Got my rebuilt head back from the machine shop. Looks really nice.

New OEM springs, seats, retainers, valves and freeze plugs. Cleaned head, machined/trued the bottom side, cleaned machined manifolds as well. One of the exhaust manifold runners had a significant crack on the face and could not be machined. So they welded a bunch of material onto it and then machined down from there. It came out nice and very flat.

On the manifolds, I am going to be doing a bit more cleaning up, then paint the exhaust manifold with hi-temp paint. The intake manifold will be powder coated clear.

Anyway, onto the pics. :)

IMG_5877.JPG

IMG_5873.JPG

IMG_5876.JPG

IMG_5867.JPG

Whoa! Beautiful work on the head.

Make sure the faces of the intake are flat too. Your picture makes them look not flat.

Can't wait to see this thing work.

Thanks Andy. Yeah, they did very nice work. The intake face is very flat. I actually gave them the hardware for the upper and lower intake and I had them put it all together and machine the mating faces together so they were equal to each other. The machine shop did nice work for a very reasonable fee.

A few more for you.

:)

IMG_5875.JPG

IMG_5870.JPG

IMG_5872.JPG

IMG_5874.JPG

I've had good results with the VHT 2000 degree paint. Be sure to follow the curing instructions.

It's easy to do the bake cure in a gas grill, if you don't want to do it inside the house using the oven like a real man.

Last edited:
Thanks Cameron. I was looking into the VHT product recently doing some of the leg work waiting on the outsourced stuff.

Oven works for me. I am single!! :lol:

Well got a bit done drinking a beer after work.

The head was already primed from the machine shop so I went ahead and put the air rail plugs in with red thread locker.

Then taped the essential bits off and put my first round of engine enamel on.

Not bad. I like the black look on engine components.

(No offense Charles... Blue is for diesels; black is for gassers).

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom