What size BFG's can I fit on my stock FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I want to put the absolute biggest tires I can fit on my FJ62 with no lift. I have attached a picture. I drive only very short distances and it is flat as can be so no gear change info needed. Stock 15" rims - what is biggest I can fit on here. Thanks fellas

IMG_6585.PNG

Its hard to say, it depends on how much your suspension has sagged. It doesn't look too bad in the pics.

I would imagine 31X10.50s. I know 33X9.50s fit well, but they're no longer available (at least through BFG).

I am very pleased with 31x10.5 BFG ATs on my FJ62. Just a bit bigger than stock, and still narrow. You do not want 32x11.5s or anything wider (on a stock/DD type truck) than a 10.5, IMO. If you're planning to lift it a bit, then 33x10.5s may make more sense.

I've got 33x10.5 on mine with very worn suspension. It will fit just fine. No rubbing ever but my first gear is very soft, but having a manual trans helps a lot.

Depends on what kind of look you want and your plans for the rig - you didn't mention that. You have a pretty stock one, like I do. Remember that in the 80s, smaller wheels were the norm. Aside from Jeeps, you didn't see many vehicles with oversized, wide-stanced wheels. Personally, I prefer to lean towards that original look, since I have no plans to mod mine, so I went with a 30x9.5 BFG under a light lift. Just a skosh bigger than stock, but still with a good sized dead cat hole.

Huge tires will give you a bit of rubber overdrive on flat roads, but any hills plus all that extra sprung mass can tax your suspension and your transmission. You should think of it all as a system, IMO.

I've got 33x10.50's on a worn out 1990 FJ 62. No rubbing with the stock wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom