What is this air cleaner from? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok Cruiser heads.

what is this Air Cleaner from? I bought it a while ago and was going to use it for my Snorkel conversion.
but as i am not interested in cutting a hole in my fender at this time I am on the fence on selling it.
Before i decide, what engine did it go with?
I am assuming a Diesel.

IMG_0607.JPG

IMG_0608.JPG

IMG_0609.JPG

IMG_0610.JPG

IMG_0433.JPG

3F carby motor. The carb hats go for about $75, the canister with the can at the bottom about $75 or $100.

This is perfect for the person wanting to add a snorkel for a 2F motor with out cutting and welding the OEM 2F filter housing that covers the valve cover and hides the carb.

NookShneer:
Thanks you! that answers that.

Now i have to decide if i want to sell it or keep it. I find the engine bay looks better like that than how a 2F looks.

If your n
NookShneer:
Thanks you! that answers that.

Now i have to decide if i want to sell it or keep it. I find the engine bay looks better like that than how a 2F looks.

You can't see it in the photo but I just ran the input into the fender. I'm not quite ready yet to mount the snorkle. I think it does look cleaner, let's you access the carb for adjustments, filter is arguably better filter designer than the stock 2F.

It did require moving the AC lines slightly and also I added vac points on the carb hat and filter too but I think there are other ways of doing it now that wouldn't require how much work I did.

Does the 60 have that little tuna catch can at the bottom, my diesel 60 does not.
IMG_5296.JPG

IMG_5389.JPG

Yours looks identical to the one on my 80 series.

thats an interesting point on the catch can. One like that came from a HJ61 drivetrain I picked up last year. I'm still looking for the rubber hose (short section) that runs into the fender. This thread reminded me I need to do a "wanted" ad

That is what I am missing as well. I have the hose from the Carb to the actual box, but not the fresh air port.

Moving the AC hoses is not that big of a deal and as I will be redoing my AC anyways this makes things easier.
I think I will keep it and run it.

So anyone know where the port on the carb side goes? you can see the vacuum port on the filter housing lid (2nd pic) so I am ok there.

IMG_0364.JPG

That is what I am missing as well. I have the hose from the Carb to the actual box, but not the fresh air port.

Moving the AC hoses is not that big of a deal and as I will be redoing my AC anyways this makes things easier.
I think I will keep it and run it.

So anyone know where the port on the carb side goes? you can see the vacuum port on the filter housing lid (2nd pic) so I am ok there.

3F valve cover breather is in a different location. Check out the photo above and compare to my previous photo. I had to step down the hose with a plastic hose connector.

If I were to do it again I would run this to a manifold on the fire wall which would connect the other 2 needed vac ports to the manifold with the valve cover breather run to there as well.

thats an interesting point on the catch can. One like that came from a HJ61 drivetrain I picked up last year. I'm still looking for the rubber hose (short section) that runs into the fender. This thread reminded me I need to do a "wanted" ad

My 2F OEM air hose was pretty junky, so I chopped it and used the salvageable parts to run into the fender and up to the hole next to the passenger headlight.

IMG_0432.JPG

Here is the carb hat top, from the other side. If I had to do it over again I wouldn't add the ports onto the carb hat as shown here. I've also change one since that time and have it plugged so it was an unnecessary addition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom