What is it worth? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought this 1976 FJ40 a couple years ago. It was running at the time but needed valve stem seals. I started the engine work, had the head rebuilt by Cameron at Mosley motors. Then I basically ran of of free time for it. Now I have health issues limiting the work I can do on it.

I'm thinking about selling it as-is and just taking a loss on it.

Any idea what a fair asking price would be?

s-l1600 (22).jpg

PXL_20230402_173832556.jpg

PXL_20230402_172443771.jpg

PXL_20230402_172415328.jpg

PXL_20230319_161735496.jpg

8-12k+ would be my guess as seen in pictures. May be 14k-16 if you got it running. Just throwing darts

That is about what I was thinking. Bring a trailer or craigslist? Any recommendations on where to list it?

I would think you would be in the 15k range as is maybe more. Running, add 5-8k.

Be patient— you will find a buyer.

That is about what I was thinking. Bring a trailer or craigslist? Any recommendations on where to list it?
Why not list it here on Mud classifieds? You will have a knowledgeable audience that will understand the vehicle and your situation.

Agree with Green Bean and brooklyn. Post it up here for $15k but be prepared for criticism of the paint and bezel. Good luck with the sale, looks a lot like my 5/76.

You might consider paying someone to reassemble it and get it running, then sell it. The upside will probably be more than the cost of the labor.

Nice rig. Idea: can you find some local 'cruiserheads (from a nearby club or Toyota shop?) and pay them to reassemble as you watch and direct? Might be a fun 'long hard weekend' to get the engine back together and get it running. If you paid them handsomely, you might still clear a lot more money, and have the satisfaction of getting it running again.

That is true, it would be satisfying to actually get this truck running. I'm also moving across the state so I was thinking about just selling it beforehand but maybe I'll have it shipped over there and then work on finding someone to help with it.

Now I've got something to think about!

Also, good suggestion listing it here if I decide to sell

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom