What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (24 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

New shocks, FJ-60 power steering conversion, shims for caster, and new bushings
IMG_20180224_132248840.jpg

Spent another 3 hours unpacking the frame box and scraping the gunk off the transmission and transfer case.

Getting close to being finished under here.

Terrible job.

48AA93AE-C9E3-467D-B395-5B9DB4DE45A4.jpeg

86DBB29C-E8CB-4617-A3C1-01F0F6D4F06B.jpeg

68E1B212-D495-4070-83E6-EDB41FD21459.jpeg

Simply added a Speedi-Sleeve for a slow 3rd member pinion drip.

Must not have reseated the pinion correctly. The cotter pin went into the castle nut in the same spot.

Backed off the ramps and boom.

Hero to zero in 30 minutes.

AE9914DC-0C41-49C9-9BEC-E055555E878A.jpeg
6A0B2798-17E3-427B-BBE2-6BC3166CA7D3.jpeg

Gotta go dig a 3rd member out of
A parts truck. Bummer.

Oh Yeah, swapped back to the 4.11 diff. Was hearing a whine when slowing down. The 3.70 diff main pinion bearing was failing. Noticed this when I disassembled. So, went back to 4.11 diff I had. I think I like having the 4.11 gearing. Might swap the front back to 4.11 instead of fixing the 3.70.

full

full

I finally got tired of those sagging jump seats in my 1972 FJ40. The trouble started when I installed the aftermarket roll bar from SOR back in the 90s. The installation required that the jump seats move inboard a couple of inches to make room for the roll bar. As a result, the bumpers on the bottoms of the jump seats no longer made contact with the wheel wells that provided support for the seats. I drilled new holes in the seat bottoms and moved the bumpers inboard a couple of inches which supported the seats, but no longer at the reinforcement section of the seat bottom, consequently, when anybody heavier than a two year old sat on the seats, the sheet metal started to depress and warp. Bummer. Finally, after tolerating this for 20 years, I finally installed a simple solution. I cut some aluminum strap sufficiently long to span the distance from the frame of the seat bottom to the reinforced section where the bumpers were originally mounted and reinstalled the bumpers on the aluminum plate. Problem solved. And now for the obligatory photos:
IMG_3168.JPG
IMG_3169.JPG
IMG_3172.JPG
IMG_3167.JPG
IMG_3171.JPG

Added some new LED Headlights I picked up from @Racer65. Roger was right, these things are very bright and are a huge upgrade!! Or as we like to say in Northern California, they are "hella bright" (not to be confused with Hella brand lights). Urban Dictionary: Hella-

Thanks to Roger for the lights and @thebigredrocker for the lamp bucket!
IMG_1818.JPG
IMG_1819.JPG

Added some new LED Headlights I picked up from @Racer65. Roger was right, these things are very bright and are a huge upgrade!! Or as we like to say in Northern California, they are "hella bright" (not to be confused with Hella brand lights). Urban Dictionary: Hella-

Thanks to Roger for the lights and @thebigredrocker for the lamp bucket!
View attachment 1642284 View attachment 1642285
Love the black bezel. My dune beige 40 also has a black bezel. I think it looks much better than the white with the dune beige. Where did you get the TEQ badge on your grill?

Started to lengthen and re-angle my frame. Here is a sneak peak photo. Should finish up in the next week or so, I’ll put a bunch of photos on my build thread. (What farmers do in the winter)

View attachment 1640927
What are you going to do with the lengthened frame? I've thought many times
about lengthening a 40 frame to a 104 wheel base.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom