What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (71 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What are you going to do with the lengthened frame? I've thought many times
about lengthening a 40 frame to a 104 wheel base.

I put just shy of two feet in. I will do a reversal, a SOA and likely flip the leaf mounts on the rear. I'm guessing I will be way over 104"..... I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm lengthening the frame for a couple reasons; first and foremost I'm just looking for a project. Second, since I'm looking for a project I'm building a doubler which will need the lengthen. Third I think I will likely build a body style of a truck and larger cab so the length will be nice there.

Cosmetically Restored & Refurbished a Portion of my TR Pull Switch Knob Stash ......... :popcorn:

DSCN57131.jpg
DSCN5714.JPG

After driving an hour to Cars and Coffee this weekend feeling heat blowing on my legs I decided to chase down every air leak from the firewall into the cabin. Tonight I set up a light in the pedal area and laid under the 40 in the dark chasing beams of light! I think I got all of them.

I would have included a picture but it was too dark.

Picked up some seats today from a BMW 328.. now I just have to figure out the electronics on them and where to move the mounts to bolt it up.

View attachment 1642263

What year are you putting those seats into? You will have some problems if your fuel tank is under the passenger seat. PM me if you want some pics.

After driving an hour to Cars and Coffee this weekend feeling heat blowing on my legs I decided to chase down every air leak from the firewall into the cabin. Tonight I set up a light in the pedal area and laid under the 40 in the dark chasing beams of light! I think I got all of them.

I would have included a picture but it was too dark.
What'd you seal them up with!?

What'd you seal them up with!?

I had a hole just above the gas pedal that had two threaded holes next to it, so I made a small plate and screwed it in. I had another threaded unused hole that needed a bolt. No idea what it was for. I had a gap between the body and the tranny cover that I had to put some sealant in, as I couldnt tweak it closed with gentle force!

I think I got it at Cruiser Corp.

I made a "mini plaque" to cover up the FJ40Dash logo on my replacement dash pad. It only took me 6 years to do it.

IMG_0069.JPG
IMG_0071.JPG
IMG_0077.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom