Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by ocdbeetle, Dec 9, 2008.
Finished the carrier for the 2 scepter gas cans. Mounts to the rear where the towing ball use to be.
Fabbed and mounted Scepter carriers to our ongoing trailer build as well!
Splattered some UPOL System 20 high build on the lid
Dash pad bracket only had a few spot welds holding it. So I tacked it back up.
Not pretty but it’s done.
Had two barbs brake on my separator. Picked up a couple of brass barbs at the hrdwr. store. I cut the old plast
ic barbs off with a razor knife then CAREFULLY drilled out the holes,and threaded the barbs into the plastic. I ran a bead of JB Weld around the threads . I'm happy with the way it turned out.
I hope to remember this the next time I see someone looking for a separater because of broken nipples. And I hope you will update how this holds up.
Did some last minute checks for my upcoming trip to DV. Found both my rear motor mounts were just starting to loosen up (if you can rotate the puck with a firm grasp, it’s still loose)
99% of the time when a front mount breaks, it’s because the rears were not tight enough. The other one percent: sudden impact!
What did you use?
I done tore mine apart pretty good...
Can you take a more direct pic of your dash sometime? That gauge and control layout looks pretty cool!
I took it for a legit shakedown run now that the turbo is complete. Was only seeing 6lbs of boost it should be at least 10lbs. The driving vidfeo was choppy so i just attached a video for sounds haha.
Still just downpipe on it no exhaust. Ill get to that sometime...
Changed out the 50 year old body mounts and only one of the weld nuts broke
Then while changing the body mounts I noticed that the fuel pump was starting to leak out the weep holes. So today i got a nice gift from City Racer.
Put some OEM door parts together, new wipers, felts, and runs.
As soon as I got back from my work trip today I picked up a flywheel for a 5.7 LS1 Camaro. It’s the one was told I needed to mate the long snout crank 6.0 to an SM465.
Machined an adaptor for my single barrel carb so I can use the air cleaner I obtained. Might keep looking for the right year, but this way I can swap carbs if need be.
Nice shop decor, have fun!
Rolled all zeros this week, on my 73
No pics, but I picked up my clutch and pressure plate today. My clutch is complete! It cost me about $250 between O'reillys and NAPA and now I can connect my 6.0 to the sm465.
Spring bushings were slightly overdue for a change. Along with leaf packs fresher than mine, new OEM shocks, got an inch lift and a vastly improved ride.