What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (77 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@GA Architect Rick, what vents go to the driver on that setup if you don't mind me asking...............

@GA Architect Rick, what vents go to the driver on that setup if you don't mind me asking...............

As you are looking at that photo, I angled the left side vents towards me and the right side towards the wife.

Finally built up some motivation to tackle the disc brake conversion on the rear.

Drained the chocolate milk...so much for the PO saying the rear was serviced when I bought it.

View attachment 1502369

Confirmed he did have a Lock Right installed and everything in good order.
View attachment 1502370

Cursed a bunch trying to figure out how to remove the c-clips and remove the guts of the locker.

View attachment 1502371

Got all of the old drum brake backing plates off to find the passenger side bearings were completely seized from what looks like rust.
View attachment 1502372

Which then led me to worry about the condition of the bearing surface on the axle. Short side is in horrid condition. :bang: Not sure how to tackle at this point. Any advice would be appreciated.

View attachment 1502373
The earlier axle shafts have replace-able races.

OK so nothing on drivers side. Wish there was a way to have one there

IMG_1171.JPG
Refurbishing the OEM carrier for the '76, it came with the incorrect later tube style carrier that was held shut with rubber bungees. Waiting on some more OEM hardware and a bumper from Cruiser Corps

As many photos of your rig that I have looked at I have not noticed the AC. Who's unit is that. Vintage Air?

If you are talking about the AC in my 40, it is an old CCOT (Cool Cruisers of Texas) unit. It was installed when I bought the Land Cruiser. If I were to install one today, I'd probably go with the Old Air Product IP-200 unit. It has a similar look as the CCOT, but the controls are on the face of the AC unit. This would eliminate the need to drill two holes in the dash for the two AC control knobs, like the CCOT's does.

Cracks in po gel coat. No big deal too much hardener will do that also age and stress. Sand and re coat.

Geek... you notice what battery is in your new cruiser... that's a costco battery!!! Can't beat a Kirkland product!!
View attachment 1502610 started polishing up the patina on the 78 i picked up yesterday.
Also I was amazed...

It has been sitting for 3 years. Idk wtf amazing battery this has but it still had juice.

So I put some gas in it, double checked the fluids put some gas in the carb and boom! Didn't even have to junp start it.

Also, everything works! Even the dome light!

Geek... you notice what battery is in your new cruiser... that's a costco battery!!! Can't beat a Kirkland product!!

Yes I did notice that!

Says allot about the quality of that battery. Funny thing is, I spent a lot of time pushing it off the trailer and into my driveway the night before. If I only knew... lol

I ordered insulation from McMaster-car. @ginmtb "rear heater line restoration." It comes in six foot lengths. I ordered 2 for $20. The trick is getting it on the tubes. I used 10lbs constant air pressure on one side of the insulation and taped up the end of the heater line so the air would expand the foam a bit as I was gradually working it down the tube.

Weather-Resistant EPDM Foam Tube
3/4" OD, 1/2" ID, 6 Feet Long

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom