What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (72 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Opened the garage door-- just stared and wondered how lucky i have been to have owned this vehicle for so long they is no way to describe it :)

That sir is very cool and a beautiful cruiser!

-Daniel Kent

Installed the wide band air fuel ratio gauge. Only had time to verify it was functional before having to call it a day. The mounting location is temporary until I can determine a more permanent mounting location.

image-13143519.jpg

I'll take it for a drive tomorrow to see how everything is performing.
image-13143519.jpg

Installed rear diff, rear disk brake conversion, Ford shock towers, and tie rod.

906204_489049531161175_23445543_o.jpg

93jspec, can you give some more information on your rear diff? Is that just a cover on a yota diff or something else? Also the Ford shock towers are interesting, why did you go with that? Looks great!

I sold mine yesterday

Have to fund other projects so I sold my beloved '78 FJ40 on eBay. Got $8,500 for the rig. I'd probably be just as happy if it didn't sell and had another summer to roam around in it.

Finally found my intermittent ignition problem the rivet holdng the wire on the ballast resister wasn't making a good connection. I guess for being 40 years old that's what happens...replaced it and it runs like a champ.
Kyot4x4

Changed the oil in my FJ40 and GMC Sierra 1500.
Switched back to dinosaur oil in the 40. Went with a higher ZDDP content for my 350 with a flat tappet cam.

Installed rear diff, rear disk brake conversion, Ford shock towers, and tie rod.

Really liking that Nitro cover. May have to pick one up when I do my next fluid change.

rinsed off all the yellow pollen;)~~~~filled tank up with $3.17 gas..ouch!!!! took it out on a Sunday afternoon R I D E---put about a 100 miles on her!!! went by the body shop guys house and
dropped off my BRIGHT BLUE doors:eek: to get painted to match my dune beige rig...:D......with the blue doors it looked like a " brougham edition":eek:..LOL

Added some brush wires to help keep my windshield in one piece and help counter the bikini top from pulling the windshield back and forth at highway speeds.

IMG_20130409_182626_300_zps97aa58c5.jpg

1/16" plastic coated cable. If you can't tell I dig the green and it helps on visibility.
I used 1/4" eye hooks on the brush guard and used the windshield/hardtop holes.
Four screw removable links, two 3/8" turnbuckles, and a couple 3/36" ferrule and stop sets. I used the 3/36" instead of the 1/16" to account for the plastic jacket thickness. I used lineman pliers to crimp. Good enough for this type of connection. The removable links have a breaking strength less than the cable and hardware and are intended to break before the other components break. I intend to add another set of cables redundantly attaching the turnbuckles to the brush guard to prevent projectiles.
IMG_20130409_182836_971_zps8dd8e39a.jpg

IMG_20130409_182643_312_zps5a2f05ef.jpg

the drivers side cable ended up being a little too long and I've maxed out the turnbuckle adjustment. Cable is under decent tension so i'm not concerned. This cable may get shortened in the future.
IMG_20130409_182635_356_zps11fbc70f.jpg

I built a tow bar so I can pull it behind the 80. Tow bar mounts to recovery points.
IMG_5753.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom