What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (20 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pulled the spare fuel tank. It was inop when I bought the truck last month and needed to make room to mount rear seat belts.

F3C244B3-2113-4A03-ADFB-8F33F48010D6.jpeg

one step closer to bringing back another capri blue 40. far from perfect but the paint is plenty thick so i can be massaged if desired
If this far from perfect.... I will never post here what I will finally get. ;)

Chasing rattles:
I receive an order from Toyota last week, and installed a new right rear brake line clip (96991-10080) to solve my hard line to soft line connection rattle.

Also, my barn door handle was a little loose. So while I was in ACE Hardware last week looking for some faucet washers, I came across a thin nylon washer with a 1/2" inner diameter so I bought a black and white version.

I'm Amazed at what those two items did to address a couple of small lingering/nagging rattles.

IMG_0243.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

Finally finished my wheel widening project. Super pleased with the results.
Top pic has factory suspension with longer shackles, stock 6” wide wagon wheels, and 31x10.5r15 BFG AT
Bottom pic is 2.5” OME shocks springs and shackles from Cruiser Outfitters, OEM Wagon wheels widened to 9” and 33x12.5r15 cooper stt pros.

74A84B95-DB18-4DD3-BF04-B1581CBBA700.jpeg

Top pic has factory suspension with longer shackles, stock 6” wide wagon wheels, and 31x10.5r15 BFG AT
Bottom pic is 2.5” OME shocks springs and shackles from Cruiser Outfitters, OEM Wagon wheels widened to 9” and 33x12.5r15 cooper stt pros.

View attachment 2822422

The Factory White Wagon's Jed are BAD to the BONE brother ! :D

coolfj40_2271_74846711.jpeg

Last edited:

View attachment 2822422

How far were the tires from balancing? Did they use sticky weights?

View attachment 2822422
Love it. What rack is that and is that a rod tube?

Found your thread, answered my questions. Really good looking rig. Makes me want to load mine up and head East for some trout fishing.
That roof rack is still a work in progress. It’s built from 1 inch tube which most of your standard ratchet straps won’t hook around. I’ve got to add some little rings or skinnier posts to aid with tiedown. I’m thinking I’ll also add some wood slats to the “floor“Of the roof rack. Gas cans and small totes and firewood don’t seem to line up with 1 foot on center crossbars

Joined the 40 family earlier this week and pretty excited about it. 1st thing I learned was a 40 rear bumper is not just a bumper :doh:
All of the parts and pieces are there, fires right up. can't wait to get it going
IMG_9654.jpeg

Found your thread, answered my questions. Really good looking rig. Makes me want to load mine up and head East for some trout fishing.
It's streamer time over here!

Chasing rattles:
I receive an order from Toyota last week, and installed a new right rear brake line clip (96991-10080) to solve my hard line to soft line connection rattle.

Also, my barn door handle was a little loose. So while I was in ACE Hardware last week looking for some faucet washers, I came across a thin nylon washer with a 1/2" inner diameter so I bought a black and white version.

I'm Amazed at what those two items did to address a couple of small lingering/nagging rattles.

View attachment 2821593

View attachment 2821594
Great solution. I went a much more complicated route and turned a pair of shouldered bushings out of Delron to solve the same problem on my very worn doors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom