What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (73 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got the 78’ back to the house. Just need to flip that bezel and drive it until the wheels fall off. I love cheap girls.

787081F7-2F17-40C9-9F7A-5D14F4AB9A9B.jpeg

51FC8D46-DA84-4993-909C-9C263C519B48.jpeg

513D5546-78D8-40FD-B709-CC1F424518B0.jpeg

Rust mitigation.

BB726485-5B21-4F65-8BBC-715786A621F7.jpeg

Good video but why does politics have to get into car videos. Now where is safe anymore
I was 9 to 13 years old during Nixon’s Presidency, and the emphasis of tv to radio to print was completely different, but I can assure you that politics was all over the different media and it’s just the delivery method that has changed. The biggest difference is that tv coverage wasn’t the primary means that most people got detailed news, you read newspapers or magazines.

Is this someone on here? This is great!!!! It really puts the cruisers life in perspective!
99BA1EA1-EA2E-42E9-A021-B3297122F888.png
D4270A46-8950-42B3-80DC-9978DCFB21D3.png

The cracked piston in this video looks like the same failure mine had…😳

AE5F5BEF-526A-4BA8-828B-B6131B4A81F8.png

@BearBio are you familiar with “Waylon Wire” YouTube videos? He’s an older gentleman that plays with a lot of older vehicles/rat rods. The reason I ask is because he lives in the same town you do.

GSager said:​

"I went with OME springs and Bilstein shocks, and I got about 2.5" out of it overall..."
Congrats for the OME + Stein combo! May I ask which model of Bilstein shocks did you opt for, mate?
Happy cruising in your beautiful skyblue 40!
Hey there, just got my CCOT HFS suspension, its Thursday evening, I am looking at the instructions, and looking at the parts I have 8 "thick" side bushings and 14 "thinner" side bushings. In the pictures and instructions, they all appear to have the same collar thickness. They say nothing about that. Where do they go and do you really have 2 extra thin wall bushings left?

Bastardized my '76 FJ40 some more by, at least temporarily, swapping out my FJ60 coil/igniter with a Tercel coil/igniter. I had to fabricate a temporary jumper - the connector at the coil/igniter and the connector at the FJ60 distributor are the same gender. I'll correct that by replacing the coil/igniter lead with a new lead of the correct length (longer than the Tercel lead), using some new shielded cable I bought off eBay and a new connector I got from @ToyotaMatt. It fired right up and runs great.

BTW, the '76 now sports two Tercel parts - a power steering pump and the coil/igniter.

Hey there, just got my CCOT HFS suspension, its Thursday evening, I am looking at the instructions, and looking at the parts I have 8 "thick" side bushings and 14 "thinner" side bushings. In the pictures and instructions, they all appear to have the same collar thickness. They say nothing about that. Where do they go and do you really have 2 extra thin wall bushings left?
Edited: I just looked at mine and you should have 24 total bushings (each spring/shackle requires 6 bushings). The 8 wider bushings connect the springs to the shackles. The thin bushings connect the shackles to the hangers and the springs to the pins

Also, not sure how much lift you are adding or what size tires you are planning to run, but you will likely need to add castor shims to the front axle to prevent the dreaded “death wobble”.

I went with the 2 1/2” ccot shackles which gave me about 3 1/2” overall lift and I believe I ended up needing 6deg shims on the front to get my castor to +4deg and eliminate the wobble.

There is apparently a sweet spot for castor…. Too little and it wobbles, too much and it becomes hard to steer and is hard on the steering components.

Last edited:
Bastardized my '76 FJ40 some more by, at least temporarily, swapping out my FJ60 coil/igniter with a Tercel coil/igniter. I had to fabricate a temporary jumper - the connector at the coil/igniter and the connector at the FJ60 distributor are the same gender. I'll correct that by replacing the coil/igniter lead with a new lead of the correct length (longer than the Tercel lead), using some new shielded cable I bought off eBay and a new connector I got from @ToyotaMatt. It fired right up and runs great.

BTW, the '76 now sports two Tercel parts - a power steering pump and the coil/igniter.
Started the permanent coil/igniter lead for the new OEM igniter I found on eBay. It should be here early next week. Now that I know it will work well with the FJ60 distributor, the new igniter will be installed in my '71 FJ40 build. Next I'll fabricate a permanent lead for the used igniter that will stay in the '76.

'71-FJ40-Igniter-Lead-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom